Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Director 365 not showing in application manager
cuttingroomfloor [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2023 09:36 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I tried the free trial of PowerDirectorand then upgraded, I've downloaded the application manager and signed in but the application manager is only showing PowerDirector Essential and not the paid for version, so I can't install PowerDirector 365.

If I log into my account online via the browser the subscription is there and active and I have recieved all the confirmation e-mails.

I am on the latest version of MacOS.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't have any Mac experience with PD, but I suggest you uninstall everything and start over with a freshly downloaded version of the App Manager.

The Essentials version cannot be upgraded (at least on Win machines) so it needs to be uninstalled before installing the full version.

See this FAQ for a link to the CAM
[Post New]
Quote I don't have any Mac experience with PD, but I suggest you uninstall everything and start over with a freshly downloaded version of the App Manager.

The Essentials version cannot be upgraded (at least on Win machines) so it needs to be uninstalled before installing the full version.

See this FAQ for a link to the CAM

Mac doesn't have uninstallers, even afetr all these years, so I can't do that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 03. 2023 05:49

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Then how do you get rid of a program you no longer want or need?

It sounds like you may want to contact CL tech support and get their assistance. You can reach them here.
[Post New]
Quote Then how do you get rid of a program you no longer want or need?

It sounds like you may want to contact CL tech support and get their assistance. You can reach them here.

I contacted them yesterday, no reply yet.

You can trash the application but it still leaves files lying around so there is no proper way of deleting an application on Mac.

I've tried removing the free version of the application and it makes no difference, the problem is the installer for the paid version not showing on the application manager, given it recognises my account something is badly wrong.