Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
cant play Blue ray since upgrade to 9
ROGER [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2010 11:27 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
purchased upgrade to powerdvd 9 but cant play blue ray moveis
i insert blue ray in player as it loads keep getting chose region screen coming up even though it set on default uk .
Blue ray loads tp 99% then hangs then get error message code 800401F9
never had this before the upgrade

please can you help
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Roger,

Please try this:
1. uninstall all PDVD Version
2. reboot
3. install original Version
4. install Upgrade
5. ==> does it work now?

please help to clarify:

- from which Version did you upgrade (Full Version and SR number (SR is NOT the SerialNumber and can be found in the about box of PDVD)

- is your original Version OEM or Retail Version (if OEM please update the OEM name)

- what is the full name of the upgrade file you used

- what AV SW is installed on the PC
Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Mogens [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 27, 2008 06:26 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have exact the same problem

I have now for 1½ month not bin able to play Blue ray discs.
At first hand I could not install the 2320 patch after I upgraded to W7 64bit.

This was solved for some weeks ago with good help from Cyberlink supoort.
But now I also have the 800401F9 error, which is linked to the maximum allowed region code changes .

I can see my region code count is inside PowerDVD 9Ultra = 0.

This is a know bug at Cyberlink.

I have complained about this a few times now, but not solved yet

Mogens
ROGER [Avatar]
[Post New]
HI

Ihave tried to uninstall and reinstall and upgrade as you suggested and still wont work.

this was a cd it came with a LG blue ray player the cd is titled Super Multi blue install Disc Ver 1.1 numbers BH08N/LS20 ... CHO8N/LS10 .

version 7.3 powerDVD

upgrade file name is Cyberlink 2320.R1 DVD091117.01 update file version 4.0.100.1190

AV is Bitdefender Total Security 2010

roger
AD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2010 17:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have exactly the same problem. PowerDVD stops reading at 97%.
Hardware: asus p7p55d, 8GB, sapphire 5770, LG ch08ls10
Software: Windows 7 home prem. 64 bit.

PowerDvd 7 and 8 work without problems.
Joseph [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2010 20:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same error here. Really frustrated that I upgraded (AND THEN UPDATED) PowerDVD 9. My other computer has the OEM version that came with the burner and it still runs like a champ.

Here are the stats:

LG Blu-Ray GBC-H20L
Dell XPS 410
Win 7 Home Premium x64

CHRIS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 24, 2010 17:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have an LG blu-ray player that came with powerDVD ultra 7.3. Worked fine until 4 days ago, when I purchased and upgraded to PowerDVD 9 ultra. The upgrade did not work... the program will not even run. Windows(Vista 32 bit) gives me the -" Program stopped responding" message and then dumps to the desktop. So of course I uninstall all PowerDVD software and reboot. Then I reinstall the original 7.3 ver., and try to play a Blu-ray. An urgent message comes up that says there is an inportant update for my software and Blu-ray will not function properly without it... so I verify that it is cyberlink software update, and then install it. Every time- and I have tried multiple times- the region code page in settings is blank and greyed out and I says I have zero region changes available. I have never switched regions .So it does not play any DVD"s. Before the "important" update, I can check the region settings and they are normal... as they have been for 2 years, but I can not play a disc until I accept this update.Hello Cyberlink.... help.
ROGER [Avatar]
[Post New]
The problem exactly like chris described, basicly paid for this upgrade and it wont work or let me use the old software until i update it.

Very frustrating and dissapointed that what is a quality program seems so flawed

Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Dear All,

please help to collect these information for us:

1. the original PDVD Version and SR (NOT Serial) of the PowerDVD 7.3 you have installed. This can be found in the "INFO.INI" file on your origina istallation media (in PDVD sub folder)
2. the Full filename of the Upgrade you have installed
3. The AV solution and Firewall you have installed
4. Do you have installed any CODEC pack (e.g. K-Lite / Shark / ...)

Thank you very much!
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
ROGER [Avatar]
[Post New]
the oringal PDVD wersion is 7.30.342103

upgrade file name is Cyberlink 2320.R1 DVD091117.01 update file version 4.0.100.1190

bitdefender total security 2010

shark codecs installed.
Mogens [Avatar]
[Post New]
Cyberlink-Michael,

Is this only for 7.3 users ???
[Post New]
Quote: Cyberlink-Michael,

Is this only for 7.3 users ???

no please post your info here
Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Gildo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2009 12:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: purchased upgrade to powerdvd 9 but cant play blue ray moveis
i insert blue ray in player as it loads keep getting chose region screen coming up even though it set on default uk .
Blue ray loads tp 99% then hangs then get error message code 800401F9
never had this before the upgrade

please can you help

I have the same problem with my power dvd 9 ultra.. hope they can solve this problem soon.
[Post New]
Hello,

we are investigating this issue.

Werde Facebook Fan
Patrick_back [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2010 16:33 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink don't seem to be very concerned. In Google, we can find a lot of people with this problem since weeks and still no solution. Musn't be so difficult to investigate if so many people got it, or perhaps the problem is linked with a bad protection that can't (don't want to) be removed ?
Nobody answered my request on the support.
No official communication on this issue.

It seems that WinDVD has less problems that PowerDVD. Better get a good picture quality than an awesome quality that can't be displayed

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 06. 2010 17:04

harolhart [Avatar]
Newbie Location: none Joined: Feb 07, 2010 00:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
My PowerDVD 9 Ultra keeps asking me to update even after I click yes to update and the software recognizes that it did upgraded. I can't watch my Blue Ray Disc. I upgraded from PowerDVD that came with the BR player. The old version played the Blue Ray disc without issues. I can't understand how an upgrade works worse that a previous version. I'm running Windows Xp with all its services packs.

I'm very frustrated about this situation. I won't recommend anyone to buy this piece of garbage none
Mogens [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Patrick and other Cyberlink Patients !!

I fully share your statements here.

I have now for 2 month's, not bin able to watch BD's with my PDVD9

This is simply not acceptable !

If all this is linked to the "Region Code" issue ??? I think it's time for a little quick fix from Cyberlink.

Mogens
[Post New]
Dear Patrick,

of course we are concerned - but you may understand that a rush solution may not be helpful if side effects are impemented....

The reported issue is caused by BitDefender AV solution and not a real PowerDVD issue

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
ROGER [Avatar]
[Post New]
so are you saying that everyone posted in this are all running Bit defender

Also does this mean cyberlink are not looking into solving this issue anymore.I would of thought any software would need to be checked on compactibility on to of the most important software programs neededon todays pc
1 , operating software ie windows 7 etc

2, virus programs

Both critical in todays envirmont.

Roger
[Post New]
Dear Roger,

no, that's not what I'am saying.

We will release a new patch soon - but I can not talk about release schedules in this Forum.
This new Patch will also solve the issue with several AV solutions.

Br

Werde Facebook Fan