Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director Changes Color Balance for Imported Photos
tarutledge007# [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 03, 2017 11:47 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Power Director is changing the color balance of imported photos. Please see attached image from Lightroom, then see how it looks and produces from Power Director. Skin tones are terrible.
[Thumb - Image when imported to PD.jpg]
 Filename
Image when imported to PD.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
175 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)
[Thumb - Image from Lightroom.jpg]
 Filename
Image from Lightroom.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
850 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 19. 2022 22:25

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I don’t see any difference with the same 24 bit jpg imported in Lightroom and in PD365/21 in my pc. See the attached screenshot. Is the format of the image a jpg or a 10 bit hdr image. That will show the difference. You can supply the original image for other members to check out on their system.
[Thumb - LR vs PD21 24 bit jpeg.jpg]
 Filename
LR vs PD21 24 bit jpeg.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
No difference seen with non hdr image imported to LR.
 Filesize
346 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
tarutledge007# [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I don’t see any difference with the same 24 bit jpg imported in Lightroom and in PD365/21 in my pc. See the attached screenshot. Is the format of the image a jpg or a 10 bit hdr image. That will show the difference. You can supply the original image for other members to check out on their system.

I don't know about the bit depth but your logic prompted me to go back into Lightroom and see what export options were available. I did test exports to Pro Photo RGB, sRGB and Adobe RGB. My original export was Pro Photo RGB and that's what didn't look so good. Adobe RGB looked better but I think it's a fairly old color space. sRGB looks fantastic! There must have been a recent Lightroom update that kicked the export toggle to Pro Photo and PD has some troubles with that. In any case I'm back in business. Thanks for taking time to look into this.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi tarutledge007# -

I understand your initial issue is resolved, but thought I'd post this very informative piece explaining sRGB vs Adobe RGB vs ProPhoto RGB.

I use Lr quite a bit & I've never had any update cause either the workspace or export settings to change.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tarutledge007# [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi tarutledge007# -

I understand your initial issue is resolved, but thought I'd post this very informative piece explaining sRGB vs Adobe RGB vs ProPhoto RGB.

I use Lr quite a bit & I've never had any update cause either the workspace or export settings to change.

Cheers - Tony
That's a terrific article Tony! As the writer says, "You might want to dig down and read it a couple of times to fully internalize how evrything works." Point taken. It's saved to my reading list.

One quick takeaway I thought was a little humorous in light of my experience: "...don't let an Adobe RGB or ProPhoto RGB image escape into the wild."

Thanks for passing this along. It will be a nice reference.