Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can profile.ini specify custom exports for image formats?
bitbyter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2018 08:51 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all - for years, I've used the guide provided by ynotfish (in https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29310.page#160501) to export custom video formats not available by using PD program directly. Now that they've added the ability to export image sequences, I'd like to be able to export small sequences at the same resolution as my videos (360 video at 5760x2880).

Even using the snapshot feature, the highest res I've been able to get is 3840x1920. One hack that seems to produce a jpg at native resolution is to insert a freeze-frame - program produces a 5760x2880 jpg and then imports it automatically to the timeline, however that is not an efficient method for producing a series of still images.

Does anyone know if the profile.ini file can be modified to allow higher resolution image export similar to the method described by ynotfish for video?

Thanks, Scott
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi bitbyter -

I'm a bit confused about why you want to do that (make an image sequence from a 360° video), but I'm sure you have good reasons.

There are a couple of things in the way of achieving it in PDR:

1. The Image Sequence production option isn't available for 360° projects (i.e. 360° view would be lost)

2. There's no option to customise profiles for Image Sequences, apart from selecting from the available options

3. The produced image sequence wouldn't be 5760x2880 (2:1 equirectangular)

As you say, the process of extracting frames is laborious. Full sized snapshots (5760x2880) could be taken in the Media Library rather than the timeline, but that results in 360° photos... which then creates a complication for setting up a non-360 image sequence.

There probably is a more efficient way of doing what you want to do, but it may require resources outside PDR.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. I'm glad the Profile.ini editing info has helped you. I'm also glad I was able to learn that from other forum members at the time.
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
bitbyter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2018 08:51 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply Tony! To answer the burning question of why, I had a short driving sequence where the sky was very cloudy and I wanted to replace it (PD sky replacement wasn't cutting it). So I changed from 360 to 16:9, exported the sequence of images, then ran them all through a Photoshop batch action which cropped them back to 2:1 and automatically replaced the sky (with a 360 version that wraps around the seam nicely). Import the images as frames and voila! The only downfall was having to downgrade to 3840x1920 since that's all I could coax out of PD export. It's frustrating since PD obviously can export at 5760x2880 (when freezeframe invoked), but there's no way to do it efficiently. Thanks for your suggestion of trying the media library rather than timeline ... PD is in the middle of a long export right now but I'll investigate that soon! Cheers, Scott

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 12. 2022 16:05