Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to relocate cache to another folder/drive?
2dguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2021 12:33 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
I installed a big ol SSD drive and now I want to use that for all of my rendering, cache, media cache, etc. In other words I don't want my main SSD being used at all when it comes to reading/writing when working with PD 365.

Windows 11 - How exactly can I change these settings?

Thank you.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I installed a big ol SSD drive and now I want to use that for all of my rendering, cache, media cache, etc. In other words I don't want my main SSD being used at all when it comes to reading/writing when working with PD 365.

Windows 11 - How exactly can I change these settings?

Thank you.

Hi,

From an existing installation I'm not sure you will be able to do too much in that direction.

From a re-install, you can choose more install options.

For obvious reasons, I keep my installations as default, so that I can mimic the standard user, but other members have installed onto "non-default" locations and will have direct experience of what works and how it works in that context.

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator