Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 365/Editing/Transition
Zantafio9741 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2020 09:38 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Miami, Septembre 14
Hi again to all of you
The positive answer to my question concerning 4K editing was very helful.
I have another question/problem I need to solve.

When editing and creating my film I do use the "fade" extension very often (I do not use any other transition).

I have a hard time inserting that transition between two clips. Sometimes I have to trys 5 or 6 times, sometimes more often.

When I manage to insert the "fade" transition, the result is not good. I get a fade from the prior clip than a black screen for one second or so before the next clip appears. There is no proper fading.

This is in at lest 50% of my editing.

My PC has plenty of HD space, plenty of memory and processing power. It was custom built for video editing by PC Specialst.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Kind regards

Claude/Zantafio
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a hard time inserting that transition between two clips. Sometimes I have to trys 5 or 6 times, sometimes more often.

When I manage to insert the "fade" transition, the result is not good. I get a fade from the prior clip than a black screen for one second or so before the next clip appears. There is no proper fading.

This is in at lest 50% of my editing.

Try this: The transition insertion behavior you reported happens when one drags the transition to the lower center of the clip or to the lower audio portion of the clip. Drag that transition only to the top portion or video portion of the clip and release the mouse button.

Expand the timeline ruler temporarily to allow you to see the transition placed in the center of the clip instead of it being placed on the left or right clip which will cause the black portion to be displayed as you have noted.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 14. 2022 13:21

Zantafio9741 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2020 09:38 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]

Try this: The transition insertion behavior you reported happens when one drags the transition to the lower center of the clip or to the lower audio portion of the clip. Drag that transition only to the top portion or video portion of the clip and release the mouse button.

Expand the timeline ruler temporarily to allow you to see the transition placed in the center of the clip instead of it being placed on the left or right clip which will cause the black portion to be displayed as you have noted.

Thank you very much for this. I will follow your advice to the T

Thank you again.

Claude/Zantafio