Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How can I do similar overlays as this ? Multiple frame?
ozrock [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 16, 2016 03:08 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I like what they have done with this overlay segment and realize it is extremely high end stuff however I would like to do a similar thing.

How do I achieve this?

I see the Multiple Frame in PiP Overlay but not sure how to get the video or image into those boxes.

Any guidance please?

Thanks
 Filename
00171.mpg
[Disk]
 Description
Sample overlay needed
 Filesize
21058 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
72 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 23. 2022 19:19

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
It looks like this video was taken from a large (show) screen during a performance, a screen on which a number of clips were displayed.
Simulating this with PD might prove to be a laborious job. If I were challenged to give it a go, I would look at:
- a very careful planning, to make sure that you don’t have to redo too much. Make a drawing of the final product that you can use in the subsequent steps.
- collect all the clips you will have to display in the final product
- use PD Video Collage (in the plugins) to get the clips in frames. Now this collage editor can only do as many as 8 clips at the time (I think). So, you will have to make several separate collages to get to the final product, also depending on the number of clips you have and want to display. Also be careful with the collage definitions, maybe you likely don’t want the clips to phase in but already display the full (eight) at once, but you can also make use of that effect.
- in the example you see that some of the clips were cut into parts, this can be done with the collage editor to, but moving the clips and the clip borders around. Takes some experimenting though.
- The easiest next step I think would be to produce each of those collages. This can be in one go (all collages on the same track next to each other), or separately. I would use a high-quality output format so that you have all options on quality when making the end product. I would add the blurriness at a later stage, I think.
- Then (in a new project) insert all the collage clips and put them next to each other in the screen on their right place (careful planning will help). Or you can use the collage editor again depending on the amount, size and nature of the collages.
- produce this collage of collages again in high quality
- in the next step (with a new project?) you have a clip of the (show) screen that might be used during a performance. (I am very sure that this screen btw is produced with more professional tools)
- with Crop/Zoom and Pan tool you can now pan over the collage of collages to every moment show different parts of the overall. You can add blurriness at this stage and other effects if you want to. And even add in an extra track a performer even with chroma key if you want to.
So not easy, not trivial, but doable, even with PD 365.
Let us know of the outcome, will you?
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I like what they have done with this overlay segment and realize it is extremely high end stuff however I would like to do a similar thing.

How do I achieve this?

I see the Multiple Frame in PiP Overlay but not sure how to get the video or image into those boxes.

Any guidance please?

Thanks

Hi,

Try these links?
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82291.page#338880
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84204.page#post_box_348052
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84086.page#347479

Not exactly the same but the techniques will be similar.

Cheers
PowerDirectorModerator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
ozrock [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It looks like this video was taken from a large (show) screen during a performance, a screen on which a number of clips were displayed.
Simulating this with PD might prove to be a laborious job. If I were challenged to give it a go, I would look at:
- a very careful planning, to make sure that you don’t have to redo too much. Make a drawing of the final product that you can use in the subsequent steps.
- collect all the clips you will have to display in the final product
- use PD Video Collage (in the plugins) to get the clips in frames. Now this collage editor can only do as many as 8 clips at the time (I think). So, you will have to make several separate collages to get to the final product, also depending on the number of clips you have and want to display. Also be careful with the collage definitions, maybe you likely don’t want the clips to phase in but already display the full (eight) at once, but you can also make use of that effect.
- in the example you see that some of the clips were cut into parts, this can be done with the collage editor to, but moving the clips and the clip borders around. Takes some experimenting though.
- The easiest next step I think would be to produce each of those collages. This can be in one go (all collages on the same track next to each other), or separately. I would use a high-quality output format so that you have all options on quality when making the end product. I would add the blurriness at a later stage, I think.
- Then (in a new project) insert all the collage clips and put them next to each other in the screen on their right place (careful planning will help). Or you can use the collage editor again depending on the amount, size and nature of the collages.
- produce this collage of collages again in high quality
- in the next step (with a new project?) you have a clip of the (show) screen that might be used during a performance. (I am very sure that this screen btw is produced with more professional tools)
- with Crop/Zoom and Pan tool you can now pan over the collage of collages to every moment show different parts of the overall. You can add blurriness at this stage and other effects if you want to. And even add in an extra track a performer even with chroma key if you want to.
So not easy, not trivial, but doable, even with PD 365.
Let us know of the outcome, will you?

Many thanks
ozrock [Avatar]
[Post New]

Many thanks. Will take a peek.