Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is my activation key compromised and stolen?(PowerDVD17)
superb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2011 09:36 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I am membet since 2011 and has licence of powerdvd11 full reatil then upgraded to 12 and again has upgraded licence to 14, after that I have been purchased PowerDVD17 full retail again and keeping it countinue.

I don't know why it happening, recently I bought a new PC and tried to install PowerDVD17 on that which was purchased year back 2017, now it is not getting activate, always throwing as message like "the activation count of this key has exceeded its limit" see the attachment image. I totally shocked, don't understand how that happening, I uninstalled powerDVD from old pc before applying activation but wow no way and most important thing is, I never tried to activate powerdvd17 on old pc like counter activation before, just been applied three times with in 5 years before applying it to new pc. Now a question arising, is my activation key stollen from powerdvd database and used it many times somwhere?
How to resolve it?undecided

Activation
[Thumb - activation.png]
 Filename
activation.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2562 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
74 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 23. 2022 15:42

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hard to say, because you never indicated where you purchased Powerdvd 17 from. You're best to contact Cyberlink support about this and provide you purchase record. They will help you get it sorted, unless you purchased from Ebay or something.

Dave
superb [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hard to say, because you never indicated where you purchased Powerdvd 17 from. You're best to contact Cyberlink support about this and provide you purchase record. They will help you get it sorted, unless you purchased from Ebay or something.

Dave

I did not purchase it from any thirdparty, all purchased made( from 11 to 17) from official powerDVD retail shop and all order records are stored in to my account's section.

I already opened a support tciket about this issue before this forum post BUT still no responces received from technical staff. I am in very frustrating condition nowyell
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Noboby can help you confirm if your product key is stolen or not as I'm afraid we are not detectives here, but according to the error message, the license you owned has been activated multiple times before.

You can just contact cyberlink support and let them help resolve the activation limit.
Wait and world peace.
superb [Avatar]
[Post New]
Holly cow! After contact with support staffs finally it proven that those activation keys from my accounts has been stollen and sold-out!!.They managed to deactivate those keys by the way and resolved it with delay reply.
Thanks

But question is still remain there about member security, are we safe here!!undecided

Anyway that junky pathetic problem finally solved.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 04. 2022 06:30