Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Freezing playback
icgpamretired1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 16, 2014 20:08 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
It seems clips where video speed is changed (in this case sped up) my preview playback freezes...comes to a dead stop. The video freezes but the audio continues. Anyone know why? I have tried all adjustments of display, hardware optimazation, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It seems clips where video speed is changed (in this case sped up) my preview playback freezes...comes to a dead stop. The video freezes but the audio continues. Anyone know why? I have tried all adjustments of display, hardware optimazation, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just how PD handles playback. Speed changes of video can be an intense process, the produced video should be smooth. If you must see it in the timeline, one option is to use render preview in that section.

Jeff
icgpamretired1 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Just how PD handles playback. Speed changes of video can be an intense process, the produced video should be smooth. If you must see it in the timeline, one option is to use render preview in that section.

Jeff

Jeff, thanks for that...I will try that. Does it have anything to do with my pc? My specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Video CardGeForce GT 730, Operating SystemWindows 10, RAM8.0 GB

Would a better system solve this?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Jeff, thanks for that...I will try that. Does it have anything to do with my pc? My specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Video CardGeForce GT 730, Operating SystemWindows 10, RAM8.0 GB

Would a better system solve this?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

A better PC helps, but will not solve this playback issue, particularly when a large "Speed multiplier:" is used.

Jeff
icgpamretired1 [Avatar]
[Post New]

A better PC helps, but will not solve this playback issue, particularly when a large "Speed multiplier:" is used.

Jeff

Let me bother you with one more. I have used video speed quite a bit in my grandchildren's movies (they are very popular in the family!) This last project had the most speed changes, both fast and slow. I can only work for about 20 minutes on it before I restart my computer. Is that a RAM problem?

You've seen my pc specs...are there specs available that will handle all this better? In other words, should I upgrade to a loaded machine. I am retired and spend literally 3 to 4 hours a day doing this.

Thanks Jeff for your advive and your time.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Let me bother you with one more. I have used video speed quite a bit in my grandchildren's movies (they are very popular in the family!) This last project had the most speed changes, both fast and slow. I can only work for about 20 minutes on it before I restart my computer. Is that a RAM problem?

You've seen my pc specs...are there specs available that will handle all this better? In other words, should I upgrade to a loaded machine. I am retired and spend literally 3 to 4 hours a day doing this.

Thanks Jeff for your advive and your time.

You don't mention why the need to restart your computer, but I highly doubt PD RAM usage is the issue if all you have launched at the time is PD with a simple timeline with fast and slow speed changes. Launch the Windows Task Manager and check RAM usage would be an option to assess.

Jeff
icgpamretired1 [Avatar]
[Post New]

You don't mention why the need to restart your computer, but I highly doubt PD RAM usage is the issue if all you have launched at the time is PD with a simple timeline with fast and slow speed changes. Launch the Windows Task Manager and check RAM usage would be an option to assess.

Jeff

Ok, I'll do that. I'll let you know if there is/was something else causing this. Thank you.