Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Build 2508 feedback
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
JL,

I've just looked at your attatchments.

During testing yesterday, I authored two projects. The one I mentioned in my earlier post was completly re-encoded and took about 2 hour 45 minutes. An SVRT check prior to production indicated that the vast majority of the video did not need re-encoding, yet it all was. Excellent video quality at the end though.

The second project was of similar length with no transitions or any enhancements of any kind. This burnt to folders in 35minutes - indicating obviously that SVRT worked perfectly.

The transitions I used were all fades, text overlays were the Christmas 1 template, plus a two pieces of four minute music that played over the top of the video in two parts.

I'm using a Sony HDR-XR200. I put it down to my camera type - other Sony users appear to not have had this problem with other cameras.

Cheers,

Andrew

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14. 2010 05:50

Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
v2508 is the full build now provided to customers.

A number of editors have been provided with the latest build.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,

That's good news. Why is it not available for download as an update ? Win 10, i7
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
During testing yesterday, I authored two projects. The one I mentioned in my earlier post was completly re-encoded and took about 2 hour 45 minutes. An SVRT check prior to production indicated that the vast majority of the video did not need re-encoding, yet it all was. Excellent video quality at the end though.

The second project was of similar length with no transitions or any enhancements of any kind. This burnt to folders in 35minutes - indicating obviously that SVRT worked perfectly.

Was not the whole point of James's initial post a properly working SVRT??
I can happily report that SVRT finally works with my Canon HG20 camera at its maximum recording settings. I'm using build 2508.

Yes PD8 2508 didn't crash for you and produced a video but I think the WHOLE point of the initial post was SVRT is now working on Canon. In my opinion, it is not working the way CL documents SVRT to function.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14. 2010 09:59

Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Yes of course Jeff - I was merely agreeing with you that it wasn't working the way it should, or as I understand it should, for me and my Sony camera when multiple effects are applied.

Saying that, I'm glad that I can now produce an H.264 blu-ray that plays properly in my blu-ray player!

Cheers,

Andrew

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14. 2010 09:28

Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Heinz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2009 07:58 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
It's possible to downlod this new version 2508 or where I can get this version?

greetings from Switzerland
Heinz
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Unfortunately the 2508 patch is not yet ready for release.

If you approach online support and provide all necessary documentation, (proof of purchase/product registration etc) I'm sure they'll assist those who'd like the full build.

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: James,

Just how did you verify that SVRT is working correctly? I’m a little pessimistic. See attached writeup:

Jeff

Jeff, I referred your post to R&D and the matter is being investigated.
Dafydd
[Moderator]
arise [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2009 15:24 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

Was not the whole point of James's initial post a properly working SVRT??
I can happily report that SVRT finally works with my Canon HG20 camera at its maximum recording settings. I'm using build 2508.

Yes PD8 2508 didn't crash for you and produced a video but I think the WHOLE point of the initial post was SVRT is now working on Canon. In my opinion, it is not working the way CL documents SVRT to function.

Jeff

If SVRT is now fixed, your second project should have been rendered also with transitions (fade, etc). If it's smart, then it should render only the transitions, leaving everything else 1:1 "streamcopied".

Can you please do 2 tests to verify this?
1. take 3-4 clips, no transitions or effects, output to AVCHD
2. take same 3-4 clips, put transitions between them and output to AVCHD

What is the render time difference?
Thanks!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
This was documented and explained in an earlier post in this thread on page 1. Go read that attachment.

Jeff
Andrew - Wales, UK
[Post New]
Well here's my feedback anyway!

I took 8 raw 1920x1080 MTS clips and put them on the timeline, total length 4min 44sec

Test 1
1. I applied a fade transition between all the clips.
2. Went straight to 'Create Disc', selected AVCHD with 1920x1080 resolution
3. The progress counter moved quickly to 28% (about where the first clip ended) and then PD8 proceeded to re-encode the rest of the project.
4. Total produce time 7min 20sec

EDIT - see futher comments on this test on page 3

Test 2
1. Started again with the 8 raw clips.
2. Applied a 10 second text overlay at the start of each clip.
3. Repeated the same procedure as test 1 in 'Create Disc'
4. The progress counter slowed down 8 times (to re-encode the text overlay parts) then speeded up again. SVRT appeared to do what it's supposed to
5. Total produce time 2min 52 sec

Test 3
1. Started with 8 raw clips, appled no enhancements
2. Went straight to 'Create Disc' produced in the previous way
3. Counter shot up to 100% in 1min 1 sec

So from my very brief test, SVRT appears to work with text overlays and with no enhancements, but with my camera it does not appear to like transitions.

Thanks arise, hope that helps!

Andrew

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14. 2010 17:42

OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
The YouTube uploader now works, but the upload progress graph is dorked. It goes to 100% right away, and minutes later the finished checkbox lights up when it actually finished uploading.

So, just a cosmetic issue, and I can live with that all day long.

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Wow this thread has taken off.

I checked SVRT by adding some 1920x1080i video from my Canon HG20 camera recorded at 24 Mb/s and added them to the timeline. I added fades between each clip and produced them to 24 Mb/s MPEG4 files. My clips were a total length of 27 minutes and it took 5 minutes to produce the output file. My CPU usage was about 20% the entire time. I did not have the hardware acceleration box checked.

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
OnTheWeb re the youtube uploader. I had the same problem when outside of PD with the progress bar going almost immediately to 100% although I found if I left it alone eventually the upload would complete normally. My firewall was showing that the upload was continuing it was just the progress bar that was not working properly. I ended up using the alternative upload youtube supplies a link to.

Digging around on the internet I found the problem was my virus protection. The solution was to go into the settings and uncheck "enable HTTP checking" I sometimes do this temporarily while I upload to youtube but most times I just use the alternative youtube upload link.

I don't like giving out what virus protection I use but if you want to send me a pm or email I will let you know, it is a well known brand.

Cheers

Robert S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Well, I guess I may have spoke too soon.

Jeff, I looked at your attachments and tried to recreate what you did. I found that if I took my three clips and added a fade of a short duration (such as the default 2 seconds) that SVRT would work. However, If I added a 20 second fade between two clips then SVRT would fail once production reached the fade.

I guess it's better than what it was, but still not perfect. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Andrew - Wales, UK
[Post New]
With reference to my tests on page 2, just to make sure that my conclusion was correct on test 1, I added a 7 minute clip to the end of these clips.

My guess was if my conclusion was correct, the production process would continue to crawl while processing the 7 minute clip.

Well, upon testing, it was obvious when that clip was reached in the production process because the last 55% of the production time took less than a minute, compared to the previous 45% taking 6 minutes.

So my conclusion that PD8 was encoding everything after the first transition, about 1min 30 seconds in, was wrong. However, it did crawl through the first 45% certainly giving the impression it was indeed encoding everything!

Cheers,

Andrew

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14. 2010 17:23

arise [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2009 15:24 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
thanks guys, interesting finds!
did you have HW acceleration on or off?

i think you can't have both SVRT and CUDA on at the same time, right?
i also have a Canon HG20 by the way.

the key is in the coding parameters of AVCHD, Canon's way.
Tried with 2220c last night and simply adding 2 clips with no transitions or anything, just straight "merge" and output to H264 1920x1080, SVRT reported "all blue" > need to re-encode 100% video.

Checked the SVRT info (select the blue SVRT bar above the material in the timeline then open File/view/svrt info), the only thing showing a "V" was this coding parameters variable.
James W
[Post New]
Arise,

You are correct. I had the same issue with my HG2 with 2220c. With 2508 if add multiple clips and do no editing PD will use SVRT with no problems (I only tried for 24 mb/s, not 17 mb/s). I only notced a problem when a I added a long transition and then SVRT did not work even though everything was green before and after the transition when viewing SVRT information. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Andrew - Wales, UK
[Post New]
Hi folks,

I'm aware that SVRT is behaving totally differently with those of you who have Canons, but I've noticed that the SVRT is not working entirely as it should with my Sony HDR-XR200.

This is the test I ran.

1. I took a 7 minute raw 1920x1080 MTS clip and dragged it to the timeline twice, so I had the identical 7 minute clip twice on the timeline next to eachother.
2. Placed a fade transition between them
3. Went to produce, selected H.264, with AVCHD 1920x1080 preset with SVRT on
4. During production, the progress indicator went through the first half of the production in about a minute. It slowed when it hit the transition and then re-encoded the entire second clip, which was identical to the first.

I then went back to the timeline and dropped in a 10 second clip after the transition and the first 7 minute clip, but before the next 7 minute clip.

On production, again the progress indicator went quickly to the fade, encoded the entire 10 second clip after the fade, but when it reached the 7 minute clip that I'd bumped up the timeline SVRT kicked back in and it encoded the last clip again in 1 minute.

So with my camera, SVRT re-encodes the entire clip after the transition, but then when it hits a new clip after doing this it does not re-encode that clip, unless of course there is another transition!

Interesting and something I will bear in mind for the future!

Have a go yourselves!

Cheers,

Andrew

Update

Applying text overlays using the above did not cause any problems - SVRT performed as it should in all tests

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 15. 2010 15:37

Bob in Tucson
Member Location: Milwaukee, Denver, Tucson Joined: May 30, 2008 18:11 Messages: 133 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, This build 2508 could be good news for me, too.
To whom would I appeal in order to obtain a link to this build, too ?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8729.page

UPDATE: after installing 2508 I'm enjoying it's improvments of SVRT and rerendering Canon files in equal quality. (like, like cloning)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 24. 2010 09:49

The best thing about PD is the people in the Forums !!!
Win-7 Ultimate, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Intel Core i7-980X, 12-GBs DDR3, Intel X25-M 160GB SDD, Asus nVidia GeForce GTX580 (1), Dell U3011 Monitor, Canon HF100 and HF-S21
Lush [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2008 20:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Does this build 2508 address the "i7 video pause at transition problem"?
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9164.page
That is my main gripe now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 15. 2010 17:30