Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Build 2508 feedback
Lush [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2008 20:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Does this build 2508 address the "i7 video pause at transition problem"?
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9164.page
That is my main gripe now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 15. 2010 17:30

Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert In Tucson,

To whom would I appeal in order to obtain a link to this build, too ?
This might help. See Dafydd's post here...
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/9709.page#42273 Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Based on my testing I think if you go to the preferences > Produce Tab and tick "Allow SVRT on single IDR H.264 Video" will allow SVRT to be used through split clips for my Canon 1920x1080, 24Mbps clips. It also appears to allow SVRT to be used after transitions applied between clips.

Not totally sure of the potential downfalls or if it truly allows SVRT to work in all situations. I've test transitions (various durations), color blocks, titles, pics in the middle of a split clip and it has not failed yet. I also tested the same list above between two non split clips.

All scenarios listed were tested via writing to BR. Resulting video bitrates fluctuated some when transitions, and such were used.

Jeff
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,

My results match yours exactly upon checking that SVRT option you mentioned.

I burnt my two clips to blu-ray after confirming SVRT was working as it should and it plays back on my blu-ray player perfectly.

I'm now going to re-author my 3 1/2 hour project (with multiple transitions, text overlays) to see how that turns out. The initial burn to folders took 2hrs 30mins before I even noticed SVRT wasn't working as it should.

I'll post the new production time and if it plays ok in my blu-ray player.

Thanks Jeff, great bit of info.

Cheers,

Andrew Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
The re-authoring the project I mentioned, it burnt to folders in 1hour 25minutes!

After burning to blu-ray, it played back perfectly on my Sony Blu-ray player too.

I have no idea what the implications of ticking this box are either, but for my Sony BDR-XR200, it means SVRT works perfectly.

Maybe others should try this test, including checking discs playback properly after production?

Thanks again Jeff!

Cheers,

Andrew Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530