Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I disable this "Crop/Zoom/Pan" POPUP!?
Paul999 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2019 10:10 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Every freaking time I open the crop/zoom window I get this below alert box popup:

"In the Crop/Zoom/Pan window the source clip is used, so any applied effects will not display."

Ok I get the message, good to know... I wonder though, which genius thought it was necessary to display this annying popup every freaking time!? This is annoying as hell as I open up the crop zoom panel very frequiently in my workflow.

Please if anyone knows a way to disable this stupid message please let me know how. Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 11. 2022 06:59

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Please read this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/85748.page and supply a full screenshot of the Edit page with the crop/zoom/pan window with that informational popup message. I have PD365 and have never seen that message. Could you also post the version number by clicking the icon on the top left of the page.

Look at that informational popup message. There may be a checkbox that reads Don’t show again.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Every freaking time I open the crop/zoom window I get this below alert box popup:

"In the Crop/Zoom/Pan window the source clip is used, so any applied effects will not display." ........

Hi,

As far as I know, this only happens if you callup the crop/pan/zoom tool on a clip that already has other effects applied to it, such as Style Effects or 3rd Party Effects, for example. I haven't comprehensively tested all combinations of effects!!

Again, as far as I know, there is no way to disable this info/warning box.

You can always suggest this to CL directly under File>Rate us.........?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Paul999 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2019 10:10 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
As far as I know, this only happens if you callup the crop/pan/zoom tool on a clip that already has other effects applied to it, such as Style Effects or 3rd Party Effects, for example. I haven't comprehensively tested all combinations of effects!!

Again, as far as I know, there is no way to disable this info/warning box.

You can always suggest this to CL directly under File>Rate us.........?
PowerDirector Moderator

Yes it only happens on clips that already have other effects applied to it, I do my color correction before my cropping and zooming so that's most of them. I have many clips too, so I get spammed with this popup all the time.

Too bad there's no way to disabling this function. It's super un-user-friendly IMO. Only good that it does is annoy and slow down my workflow.

About "suggest this to CL directly under File>Rate us.........":

The only way I got good and useful help previously was on these forums. Doesn't CL read these forums? When I contacted official CL support I always got very corperate sounding and unhelpful replies, so I'm not inclined to go tru official channels again as it's been wasted effort in the past. Edit: I just copy and pasted my above forum post in that "rate us" box. That was easy to do so can't hurt I figured. Not expecting much if anything from it. But who knows, suprises exist.

My PD version number is 20.4.2820.0 (64 Bit)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 11. 2022 13:29