Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lens Correction results in blank video with audio
AndrewNZ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 16, 2022 04:48 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to apply lens correction to a 12 sec clip of GoPro 10 2.7K 60 fps H264 video.

When I do this the correction plays in the preview screen while I am in the fix enhance area however it will not render the preview (just stays on 0%) and when I produce the video to 1080 60fps it processes extremely quickly but I get a black screen video with audio playing ok.

As a test I removed the lens correction but did a slight color adjustment and this worked fine.

Cheers from New Zealand, Andrew

Added later:

I am using PD 365, version 20.4.2812.0

I have AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS with Radeon Graphics 2.90 GHz, 16 Gb ram, on Windows 10

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 05. 2022 02:14

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am trying to apply lens correction to a 12 sec clip of GoPro 10 2.7K 60 fps H264 video.

When I do this the correction plays in the preview screen while I am in the fix enhance area however it will not render the preview (just stays on 0%) and when I produce the video to 1080 60fps it processes extremely quickly but I get a black screen video with audio playing ok.

As a test I removed the lens correction but did a slight color adjustment and this worked fine.

Cheers from New Zealand, Andrew

Added later:

I am using PD 365, version 20.4.2812.0

I have AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS with Radeon Graphics 2.90 GHz, 16 Gb ram, on Windows 10

Hi,

Any chance of supplying a few secs of a sample clip for others to test?? Use the blue attachements button below the main dialogue box.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
AndrewNZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply and suggestion, will do tomorrow :, have deleted the original files
AndrewNZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK, I have run a number of tests and it seems the same happens every time regardless of the properties of the source video.

If I shoot with my GoPro at say 1080 60fps, I can export / produce as long as I do not use the lens correction fisheye option. If I do it exports a clip with sound but black screen video.

However if I take that source clip (no lens correction) and export it either with the same properties, or with different properties (eg 30fps), and the reimport that new Powerdirector created file, then that file can have lens corrections applied and it works fine.

Obviously this not a very desirable workaround both timewise and also for quality.

I have uploaded two different clips both of which behaved as described. I ran this test on 8 different resolution / fps combinations and same every time. You will notice my sample clips - one is H264 and one H265, same both times.

Cheers Andrew
 Filename
GH 1080 60FPS.MP4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
72471 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
39 time(s)
 Filename
GX 2160 60fps2.MP4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
112499 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
28 time(s)
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote OK, I have run a number of tests and it seems the same happens every time regardless of the properties of the source video.

If I shoot with my GoPro at say 1080 60fps, I can export / produce as long as I do not use the lens correction fisheye option. If I do it exports a clip with sound but black screen video.

However if I take that source clip (no lens correction) and export it either with the same properties, or with different properties (eg 30fps), and the reimport that new Powerdirector created file, then that file can have lens corrections applied and it works fine.

Obviously this not a very desirable workaround both timewise and also for quality.

I have uploaded two different clips both of which behaved as described. I ran this test on 8 different resolution / fps combinations and same every time. You will notice my sample clips - one is H264 and one H265, same both times.

Cheers Andrew

Hi,
Thanks for that.
Can you detail the exact lens correction applied and your produce choices (SVRT?) no need to do all of your tests just the main 264/265 ones for working with.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
AndrewNZ [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,
Thanks for that.
Can you detail the exact lens correction applied and your produce choices (SVRT?) no need to do all of your tests just the main 264/265 ones for working with.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

The lens correction was fisheye distortion 100% and nothing else.

The produce options varied - where possible I choose the same resolution fps as the source. For example with the 1080 / 60fps I choose the same from the mp4 menu and none of the other produce options were ticked.

I just tried again with on 5% for the correction - no difference.

It always shows the correction visually in the various preview windows and you can see the correction has been applied but if you try to render preview it just stays on 0% forever and if you produce it processes incredibly fast but gives no video content only audio.

If I look at properties for the video produced I see it has all the correct expected properties (resolution and fps) but the actual file size is 552 kb and no sign of video when played in VLC.

I have attached a processed file.

Cheers Andrew
 Filename
Produce.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
552 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
72 time(s)
[Post New]

The lens correction was fisheye distortion 100% and nothing else.

The produce options varied - where possible I choose the same resolution fps as the source. For example with the 1080 / 60fps I choose the same from the mp4 menu and none of the other produce options were ticked.

I just tried again with on 5% for the correction - no difference.

It always shows the correction visually in the various preview windows and you can see the correction has been applied but if you try to render preview it just stays on 0% forever and if you produce it processes incredibly fast but gives no video content only audio.

If I look at properties for the video produced I see it has all the correct expected properties (resolution and fps) but the actual file size is 552 kb and no sign of video when played in VLC.

I have attached a processed file.

Cheers Andrew

OK, so far I haven't been able replicate your issue on PDR365 Business v.2829. Both your sample clips can have 100% fisheye lens correction applied and they can then be successfully produced, either with a default profile or with a custom profile (to mimic the native resolution, bitrate, fps etc. If I use Render Preview that also works as expected.

2 suggestions :

Update PDR to 2829 []https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/96975.page]

If that does not have any effect, unless any other member can replicate your issue, then raise a support ticket with CS and see if they can replicate it or have suggested solutions.

You could just check that you can use a simple PDR sample clip OK and see if it only your GoPro clips that have this issue?

If you get a solution, please report back to help others in the future.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote However if I take that source clip (no lens correction) and export it either with the same properties, or with different properties (eg 30fps), and the reimport that new Powerdirector created file, then that file can have lens corrections applied and it works fine.

I could not replicate the issue either. Based on this statement you provided, you may want to uncheck hardware decoder in pref > Hardware Acceleration and see if that affects your results. I don't have a Radeon GPU in the system right now and hate to install just to check. Additionally, make sure no hardware encoding is utilized on the "Produce" tab.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 06. 2022 13:17

AndrewNZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for these suggestions, I will give them a go and report back. Incidentally, I do not have the Director Suite 365 not I believe the business version.

Andrew

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 06. 2022 18:07

AndrewNZ [Avatar]
[Post New]

OK, so far I haven't been able replicate your issue on PDR365 Business v.2829. Both your sample clips can have 100% fisheye lens correction applied and they can then be successfully produced, either with a default profile or with a custom profile (to mimic the native resolution, bitrate, fps etc. If I use Render Preview that also works as expected.

2 suggestions :

Update PDR to 2829 []https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/96975.page]

If that does not have any effect, unless any other member can replicate your issue, then raise a support ticket with CS and see if they can replicate it or have suggested solutions.

You could just check that you can use a simple PDR sample clip OK and see if it only your GoPro clips that have this issue?

If you get a solution, please report back to help others in the future.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I did a test with 1080/50p footage from my sony a6600 and no problems with the lens correction so seems it is something to do with gopro footage - which unfortunately is the main footage I want to process with PowerDirector and which most benefits from fisheye correction.

Cheers Andrew
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't see that you've ever supplied the DxDiag test results as described in the Read Me Before Posting guide. You'll need it when you request support, and perhaps there's something in there that will help us figure out why you've having trouble while other people are aren't (including me).

Also, what happens if you check the Enable preview box before producing? Is the screen blank there too, or does that show the content and also give you a usable produced video when that option is selected?