Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pan and Zoom tool showing empty?
mohitk [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2019 11:15 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
My pan and zoom tool is showing empty from last two weeks. After spending hours of struggling with pan and zoom tool, i find that it needs '"Microsoft edge webview2' to run.
Whenever i uninstall edge webview 2 then pan and zoom tool start showing empty.

Pan and zoom tool is simply an offline tool then why does it needs webview 2?
Is there anyway to use chrome native client?
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Can you elaborate a bit please?
Is it the Crop/Zoom/Pan tool in PowerDirector (20/365 or other version?) (Windows/Mac?) you are referring to?
Do you have a clip on the timeline you try to crop?
Maybe show us a screenshot of what you see when it is empty?
Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 28. 2022 05:06

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My pan and zoom tool is showing empty from last two weeks. After spending hours of struggling with pan and zoom tool, i find that it needs '"Microsoft edge webview2' to run.
Whenever i uninstall edge webview 2 then pan and zoom tool start showing empty.

Pan and zoom tool is simply an offline tool then why does it needs webview 2?
Is there anyway to use chrome native client?

Hi,

Just for clarity, are you just uninstalling Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime via Control Panel or Microsoft Edge as well.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
mohitk [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

Just for clarity, are you just uninstalling Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime via Control Panel or Microsoft Edge as well.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Through Control Panel
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Through Control Panel

Hello,

Thanks. We have confirmed with CyberLink that WebView2 is required to view the templates in the Pan & Zoom window.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
mohitk [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hello,

Thanks. We have confirmed with CyberLink that WebView2 is required to view the templates in the Pan & Zoom window.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks for confirming but strange thing is In old versions of PD, One can view these same templates in pan and zoom tool without webview2.