Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 21 GUI not responsive
Overjack82 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 11, 2022 13:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I just installed a Blu Ray drive to my PC to play my favorite movies.
My Setup:
Monitor: Widescreen 3440x1440
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1660 Super 6 GB
RAM: 16 GB
CPU: Intel i5 2500k @3,30 GHZ

So what i experienced is that i am able to install the latest PowerDVD 21 and run that application.
The problem is: The user input / navigation is nearly impossible because the whole GUI is not responsive!
It is extremely delayed.

Any tips how i can tweak the program?

Thank you guys!
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, there could be several reasons why your computer is responding this way. Here are some things to try.

I'd you unplug any external hard drive, disc drive and any other external devices except keyboard and mouse, and reboot Windows to check the launch without those external devices connected.

If that doesn't work, then check if you installed any GPU overclocking or tweaking tools, if yes, uninstall them first and reboot Windows and check the results.

Last but not the least, certain antivirus security software might take aggressive and proactive protection that causes unknown interference when powerdvd is loading. Try disabling or uninstalling them temporarily to sort out if your issue is caused by antivirus software's obstruction.

Dave
Overjack82 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 11, 2022 13:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, there could be several reasons why your computer is responding this way. Here are some things to try.

I'd you unplug any external hard drive, disc drive and any other external devices except keyboard and mouse, and reboot Windows to check the launch without those external devices connected.

If that doesn't work, then check if you installed any GPU overclocking or tweaking tools, if yes, uninstall them first and reboot Windows and check the results.

Last but not the least, certain antivirus security software might take aggressive and proactive protection that causes unknown interference when powerdvd is loading. Try disabling or uninstalling them temporarily to sort out if your issue is caused by antivirus software's obstruction.

Dave

Yeah my PC is running just fine. No overclocking or tweaking Tools installed. I even can play cyberpunk in Medium quality.

PowerDVD is launching but user input is not working great.
My Plan was to buy a license but if it not possible to Navigation through the menus then i have to find alternatives. From what i heard is that PowerDVD is so far the best solutionto play blu rays on PC