Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio in Power2go but not power director
vinnie@1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 20, 2017 14:59 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]

1. I saved a disc image (ISO) of a DVD home movie I made a few years ago using POWER2GO13.I then extracted the files and imported them to POWER DIRECTOR365,set the clips on the timeline and produced it.I get no audio when I play it on PD365,so I started a new project with the same clips and uploaded it to you tube.Still getting no audioI know the audio is there because the files play fine on power2go.,powerdvd17and other software on my computer.I do hear audio from the menu,but when my video footage starts playing the audio stops.I have many home videos on DVDs I recorded over the years and I would like to get them onto you tube and bluray somehow.

VINCENT SAVARINO
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Use MediaInfo https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline on one of the VTS_01_1.VOB files on one of your DVD's located in the VIDEO_TS folder. Attach the text file to the forum post. Maybe you used DTS audio on the DVD which is no longer supported in PD20. If that's the case, you'd have to convert the files to something PD20 can handle.

Jeff
vinnie@1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Use MediaInfo https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline on one of the VTS_01_1.VOB files on one of your DVD's located in the VIDEO_TS folder. Attach the text file to the forum post. Maybe you used DTS audio on the DVD which is no longer supported in PD20. If that's the case, you'd have to convert the files to something PD20 can handle.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff I am going to check that.Do you have any idea why it would work on power2go13 and no tPD20? VINCENT SAVARINO
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks Jeff I am going to check that.Do you have any idea why it would work on power2go13 and no tPD20?

Since Power2Go has not been updated in since like 2020, DTS would still be functional. If you have a previous version of PD, like 19, 18, or the like, it would work there too.

Rather than guessing, easier to see the file and then determine how one might proceed.

Jeff
vinnie@1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Use MediaInfo https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline on one of the VTS_01_1.VOB files on one of your DVD's located in the VIDEO_TS folder. Attach the text file to the forum post. Maybe you used DTS audio on the DVD which is no longer supported in PD20. If that's the case, you'd have to convert the files to something PD20 can handle.

Jeff
I did as you suggested I cannot paste anything into the dialogue box here,It shows AUDIOS 1, AUDIO 2, AUDIO3.
All 3 have AC-3 audio. VINCENT SAVARINO
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I did as you suggested I cannot paste anything into the dialogue box here,It shows AUDIOS 1, AUDIO 2, AUDIO3.
All 3 have AC-3 audio.

As mentioned prior, you can attach the whole text file as a document (the Attachments button below msg window). That's Dolby Digital, are you by chance on a WIN 7 system with PD20?

Where these discs created with a prior version of PD, which version?

Jeff
vinnie@1 [Avatar]
[Post New]

As mentioned prior, you can attach the whole text file as a document (the Attachments button below msg window). That's Dolby Digital, are you by chance on a WIN 7 system with PD20?

Where were these discs created with a prior version of PD, which version?

Jeff
No Im on Windows 10.The video footage was recorded on a mini DV VHS TAPE, the editing I think I did with VLC
but I am not 100% sure it was a long time ago. The computer I had at the time had an internal disc writer?reader.
 Filename
VTS_01_0.VOB_MediaInfo.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
104 time(s)
VINCENT SAVARINO
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
MediaInfo detail a little strange for a DVD, bitrate is really high at 14.2 Mb/s.

What I'd try:
1) Enter Capture room of PD20 Alt F9. With DVD in tray check "Video" to capture entire DVD contents to a MPEG file. Use the red "Record" button to capture. If you have more than 1 title on the DVD, each title will be saved as a mpg file. See if this file has audio in PD20.
or
2) Drop entire VIDEO_TS file into HandBrake and convert each title on DVD if you have more than 1 to basic MP4 files. See if this file has audio in PD20.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 20. 2022 12:47

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It is possible that the OP posted the mediainfo for the chapters menu and not the one for the actual videos on the dvd.

See the screenshot. This DVD will play properly on my Sony but chokes on the menu on a cheaper brand standalone player. The OP’s VTS_01_0.VOB is the 15 sec. Chapters menu on my dvd. The bitrate is higher than that in the normal VTS_01_1.VOB which is the video that plays on the dvd. The bitrate on those menus are always higher on my PD created DVDs unless hardware encoding is used in the past.
[Thumb - dvd bitrate.jpg]
 Filename
dvd bitrate.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
menu bitrate versus video bitrate - not the same.
 Filesize
238 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It is possible that the OP posted the mediainfo for the chapters menu and not the one for the actual videos on the dvd.

See the screenshot. This DVD will play properly on my Sony but chokes on the menu on a cheaper brand standalone player. The OP’s VTS_01_0.VOB is the 15 sec. Chapters menu on my dvd. The bitrate is higher than that in the normal VTS_01_1.VOB which is the video that plays on the dvd. The bitrate on those menus are always higher on my PD created DVDs unless hardware encoding is used in the past.

I doubt it was authored with PD as PD has only used variable bit rate mode (chapters or content) for DVD and OP attached MediaInfo has Constant bit rate.

Jeff
vinnie@1 [Avatar]
[Post New]

I doubt it was authored with PD as PD has only used variable bit rate mode (chapters or content) for DVD and OP attached MediaInfo has Constant bit rate.

Jeff
It was definitely not PD,I started with PD in 2017, these DVDs I made 2005-2010. VINCENT SAVARINO