Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transition at start of clip acts like its at the end of clip
Zorikh [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 05, 2015 20:33 Messages: 99 Offline
[Post New]
I want to open my video with a black screen, opening titles, and then fade into the image. When I drag & drop the "fade" transition onto the beginning of the clip, the clip appears, fades out in 2 seconds, then the video appears and continues playing. It is as if I had dropped a fade-out onto the first two seconds.

I tried dropping other transitions in, and they all act like ending transition, not like transitions at the beginning of a clip.

There used to be a "reverse transition" button, but I an;t find it now. The only "modification" I seem to be able to do to a transition is changing the duration of it.

How can a turn a transition into a [transition}-in, rather than a [transition]-out? Zorikh
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Your concern has not been duplicated in my system. Placed a Black Color bard, The Default Title, and a sample video clip sequentially on track 1. Placed the Fade transition between the Title and clip as Overlap. Placed the transition as a Prefix at the beginning of the clip. Placed the transition between the Title and clip again as Cross behavior and all is still well. Replacing that Title with one that has starting and ending effects did not change the behavior I see.

Some Transitions do have a Direction setting but none have a reverse transition button that I can recall.

It may be helpful to others if you post a screenshot of your expanded timeline with the scrubber on the beginning of the transition. It may also be helpful if you do a screen recording showing that behavior.
Zorikh [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 05, 2015 20:33 Messages: 99 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Your concern has not been duplicated in my system. Placed a Black Color bard, The Default Title, and a sample video clip sequentially on track 1. Placed the Fade transition between the Title and clip as Overlap. Placed the transition as a Prefix at the beginning of the clip. Placed the transition between the Title and clip again as Cross behavior and all is still well. Replacing that Title with one that has starting and ending effects did not change the behavior I see.

Some Transitions do have a Direction setting but none have a reverse transition button that I can recall.

It may be helpful to others if you post a screenshot of your expanded timeline with the scrubber on the beginning of the transition. It may also be helpful if you do a screen recording showing that behavior.

I don't seem to have had the problem recently, so I will check back if it happens again. Thank you for your response! Zorikh