Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why this behavior?
CharlesDallas [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 07, 2009 15:27 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
I recently upgraded from PD16 to PD365 and have come across this situation which isn't right unless I am missing something.

1) I have a project open with 20 or so tracks and have the heirarchy switched to track 1 is at the bottom.
2) If I click on say, track 10 to scale and reposition, the following happens:

a) I can drag a blue corner handle to scale it up or down and it works as intended

b) but when I click on the image in the preview window in order to move it to another position, the focus of my click jumps to another random track higher up and that is the track that moves. (this happens as I begin the move)

Help?

Charles

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 09. 2022 10:51

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I recently upgraded from PD16 to PD365 and have come across this situation which isn't right unless I am missing something.

1) I have a project open with 20 or so tracks and have the heirarchy switched to track 1 is at the bottom.
2) If I click on say, track 10 to scale and reposition it this happens:

a) I can drag a blue corner handle to scale it up or down and it works as intended

b) but when I click on the image in the preview window in order to move it to another position, the focus of my click jumps to another random track higher up and that is the track that moves. (this happens as I begin the move)

Help?

Charles

Hi,
I recall this first popped up a while ago. As far as I know, unless anyone has found another way, the best way to work around the issue is to use the Lock/Unlock tracks function to "select" the track in question and carry out your positioning etc. The locking of other tracks overrides the issue with trying to select overlapping overlays by mouse.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
CharlesDallas [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,
I recall this first popped up a while ago. As far as I know, unless anyone has found another way, the best way to work around the issue is to use the Lock/Unlock tracks function to "select" the track in question and carry out your positioning etc. The locking of other tracks overrides the issue with trying to select overlapping overlays by mouse.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I set up a demo project this morning with 6 tracks (track #1 at bottom).

1) The track I want to move is track # 1
2) When I click it to move, the focus jumps to track # 6 and it moves
3) When I hit the undo button, it does not undo. I have to select it and move it back
4) If I lock track # 6 and try to move track # 1, then the focus jumps to track # 5 and it moves
5) When I hit the undo button, it does not undo. I have to select it and move it back
6) If I reverse the track heirarchy (track # 1 at top), the same thing happens

So, unless I lock every track, the focus jumps. In a large project, this is not do-able.

EDIT: I uninstalled and reinstalled via the Cyberlink App Mgr. just now and the problem still exists.

Charles

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 09. 2022 11:35

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

I set up a demo project this morning with 6 tracks (track #1 at bottom).

1) The track I want to move is track # 1
2) When I click it to move, the focus jumps to track # 6 and it moves
3) When I hit the undo button, it does not undo. I have to select it and move it back
4) If I lock track # 6 and try to move track # 1, then the focus jumps to track # 5 and it moves
5) When I hit the undo button, it does not undo. I have to select it and move it back
6) If I reverse the track heirarchy (track # 1 at top), the same thing happens

So, unless I lock every track, the focus jumps. In a large project, this is not do-able.

EDIT: I uninstalled and reinstalled via the Cyberlink App Mgr. just now and the problem still exists.

Charles

Hi,
Yes I realise the problem, which is really one of overlapping overlay track content being "unselectable" in many circumstances where the exact selection point falls on another track's content which then takes precedence.

As Jeff has said in the other topic, it has been that way since PDR17. But the lock all tracks followed by unlocking the track to be edited is the only way round in many circumstances, as the locked tracks can no longer be selected, allowing the unlocked track to be edited, irrespective of overlapping content in other tracks.

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator.

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
CharlesDallas [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,
Yes I realise the problem, which is really one of overlapping overlay track content being "unselectable" in many circumstances where the exact selection point falls on another track's content which then takes precedence.

As Jeff has said in the other topic, it has been that way since PDR17. But the lock all tracks followed by unlocking the track to be edited is the only way round in many circumstances, as the locked tracks can no longer be selected, allowing the unlocked track to be edited, irrespective of overlapping content in other tracks.

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator.

PD Mod,

I understand what you are explaining, but the white handles work to scale the lower track image. What I don't understand is what is the point of this change, other than making it harder/longer to edit content. :{

Charles