Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shadow Files Problem
[Post New]
I have a lot of 4K mp4 files for a project. When I try to import these files, nothing happens. In the meantime, the shadow-file generating process is stalling.

Attached please find my DxDiag file.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a lot of 4K mp4 files for a project. When I try to import these files, nothing happens. In the meantime, the shadow-file generating process is stalling.

Attached please find my DxDiag file.

No DxDiag file?
[Post New]

No DxDiag file?

I did attach it but the system is not. I try again.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
110 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
78 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Probably more related to video file specifics vs anything in dxdiag. Share a small sample of the mp4 files to see if others have issue importing or shadow file generation, or as a minimum, share MediaInfo https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline file specifics via attaching the text file.

If sharing not viable, encode with common video specifics to a mp4 container via HandBrake and they will probably work in PD20 without issue.

Jeff
[Post New]
Quote Probably more related to video file specifics vs anything in dxdiag. Share a small sample of the mp4 files to see if others have issue importing or shadow file generation, or as a minimum, share MediaInfo https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline file specifics via attaching the text file.

If sharing not viable, encode with common video specifics to a mp4 container via HandBrake and they will probably work in PD20 without issue.

Jeff

Attached please find more information on the mp4 file I am using. The filming is taken from DJI Mavic Air 2 UAV. I never had any problems with the 4K format in Powerdirector only generating shadow files.

Thanks.
 Filename
mp4_file info.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
77 time(s)
Power Director 13 LIVE 13.0.2104.0 64 Bit
Win 7 Professional SP1 Build 7601, Motherboard Gigabyte Tech Z68A-D3-B3, X86, Intel Core i5-2400 CPU - 3.10Ghz RAM 6Gb, Virtual Memory 16Gb, 4 HDD, 1Tb each. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650. Camcorders: Canon XA10, Canon
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Attached please find more information on the mp4 file I am using. The filming is taken from DJI Mavic Air 2 UAV. I never had any problems with the 4K format in Powerdirector only generating shadow files.

Thanks.

I don't see anything really peculiar in the video specs. I downloaded some samples from here https://www.tomstechtime.com/mavicair2 and pretty much the same specs as yours except for fps and they work fine in my PD20. Obviously takes a little while for shadow file generation because of the high 100+Mb/s bitrate.

You might try deleting shadow files manually in pref and try again.

Jeff
[Thumb - DJI_Mavic_Air_2.PNG]
 Filename
DJI_Mavic_Air_2.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
752 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
[Post New]

I don't see anything really peculiar in the video specs. I downloaded some samples from here https://www.tomstechtime.com/mavicair2 and pretty much the same specs as yours except for fps and they work fine in my PD20. Obviously takes a little while for shadow file generation because of the high 100+Mb/s bitrate.

You might try deleting shadow files manually in pref and try again.

Jeff

Thank you for your input. I will give it a try and keep you posted. Power Director 13 LIVE 13.0.2104.0 64 Bit
Win 7 Professional SP1 Build 7601, Motherboard Gigabyte Tech Z68A-D3-B3, X86, Intel Core i5-2400 CPU - 3.10Ghz RAM 6Gb, Virtual Memory 16Gb, 4 HDD, 1Tb each. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650. Camcorders: Canon XA10, Canon