Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
power director 19 - chromakey issue with transitions
Eddy Rice Jr. [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 30, 2021 22:00 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
How do you get the green not to come back in on your greenscreen clip when applying transistions?
I find that while the transistion is happening the green color goes back into the clip until the transistion is completed.

Thanks everyone!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 16. 2022 02:36

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote How do you get the green not to come back in on your greenscreen clip when applying transistions?
I find that while the transistion is happening the green color goes back into the clip until the transistion is completed.

Thanks everyone!

Some combinations of clip modifications and transitions don't work properly. Usually if you "Produce" the troublesome modified clip and use that in the timeline things will be ok. Others appear to preview wrong but produce correctly so pre producing is not required for satisfactory results.

Jeff
Eddy Rice Jr. [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 30, 2021 22:00 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]

Some combinations of clip modifications and transitions don't work properly. Usually if you "Produce" the troublesome modified clip and use that in the timeline things will be ok. Others appear to preview wrong but produce correctly so pre producing is not required for satisfactory results.

Jeff

Sorry but I'm not getting it. I show it in the preview clip then produce it the green is still there.
If I produce it in the timeline it is the same clip and will still have the green color in it from the chromakey.
Is it not possible to use the transistons with chroma key and have the green color go away?
Thanks.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Sorry but I'm not getting it. I show it in the preview clip then produce it the green is still there.
If I produce it in the timeline it is the same clip and will still have the green color in it from the chromakey.
Is it not possible to use the transistons with chroma key and have the green color go away?
Thanks.

1) Produce the green screen video only with no transitions, nothing, to output specifications you intend
2) Bring item 1 video into desired timeline and replace the original content for this time slice
3) Add desired transitions, "Produce" entire timeline for your finished project.

As explained prior, when having issues with some modifications and transitions being correct on final project, usually if you "Produce" the troublesome modified clip and use that in the timeline things will be ok.

Jeff