Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AudioDirector does not recognize PD365
Micheal49 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2019 12:42 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
So I have PowerDirector 365, the full suite

When starting AudioDirector
(1) It fails to recognize that I am owner/subscriber (PD365) and asks
(a) Upgrade?
(b) Launch free version.
(2) If I choose (a), AudioDirector launches, but it is the crippled version so cannot use
Adjust duration, Pitch shifter, Pitch bender, Dynamic range control, etc.

So I downloaded the "update" and tried to install it.
Still same problem.

Went to https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=15111
downloaded the AudioCleaner app.
Followed the directions: De-installed AudioDirector, reboot, applied AudioCleaner, reboot.
Re-installed from the download copy Cyberlink_AudioDirector_Downloader.exe

still no bueno... same error message.

How do I get AudioDirector to recognize that I've got 365 and should have all features available?

Don't say, "reinstall" because I've already done that (see above)
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
You write that you have PowerDirector 365. That is the subscription version to PowerDirector. None of the other software is included (except the Screen Recorder).
If you need AudioDirector, you either need to subscribe to the 365 version of AudioDirector or buy the perpetual version, or....
you can take a subscription to the Director Suite (365) which inlcudes the Audio Director, Color and Photo Director.
Micheal49 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You write that you have PowerDirector 365. That is the subscription version to PowerDirector. None of the other software is included (except the Screen Recorder).
If you need AudioDirector, you either need to subscribe to the 365 version of AudioDirector or buy the perpetual version, or....
you can take a subscription to the Director Suite (365) which inlcudes the Audio Director, Color and Photo Director.

Sorry. I made a mistake in the original message. I've got DirectorSuite 365. Which makes the problem that much more vexing.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Desculpe. Cometi um erro na mensagem original. Eu tenho o DirectorSuite 365. O que torna o problema muito mais irritante.

What would I do uninstall Audio Director under Programs and Features.
Then install AudioDirector through Applicatiom Manager.
Micheal49 [Avatar]
[Post New]

What would I do uninstall Audio Director under Programs and Features.
Then install AudioDirector through Applicatiom Manager.

Please see original message. I have already done that.

Thanks!
Micheal49 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Please see original message. I have already done that.

Thanks!

Thought I would try to invoke AudioDirector from PowerDirector (rather than just launch AD on its own).

Cold re-boot.
Launch PowerDirector. Click on audio, click on “edit in AudioDirector”
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand…

“Cyberlink AudioDirector cannot launch because it is currently in use. Finish your current task in AudioDirector and then try again.”

PowerDirector has to be the single most bug-infested piece of software I've ever seen... and that includes the programs I've tried to write.

Ye gods!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Somehow you must have the trial version of AD installed as that's the only "free" version.

Double check the Windows uninstaller app (start searching the installed app list for aud) and remove all CL audio products. Then open the CL App manager and install AD from there.
Micheal49 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Somehow you must have the trial version of AD installed as that's the only "free" version.

Double check the Windows uninstaller app (start searching the installed app list for aud) and remove all CL audio products. Then open the CL App manager and install AD from there.

That's also a nope.

I gave up. Uninstalled everything Cyberlink.
cold reboot
regedit -- removed everything AudioDirect, Cyberlink, and Powerdirector
cold reboot
Went through the O/S SSD and removed anything/everything AudioDirect, Cyberlink, and PD
cold reboot.
ran System Mechanic to clear registry.
cold reboot.

Re-installed PD365
Re-installed AppMgr

Now it all works correctly.

Oddly enough, I had to do this four or five months ago. So I've pretty much got the routine down now.