Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using PowerDVD 21 or PowerDVD 14 beeps when playing Blu Ray Movie
Nghia Huynh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2022 21:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I just purchased the Pioneer BDR-2212 kit that comes with Cyber Media Suite 10. I install PowerDVD 14 and pop in X-Men Days of Future Past. Then my computer starts beeping and doesn't stop. The movie starts.

I then restart the computer and start playing the movie with a different (free) blu-ray softare. The movie starts and plays normally but there is no beeping. No issue during playback.

I download the PowerDVD 21 trial. Same problem! My computer starts beeping. The movie starts.

I then restart the computer and start playing the movie with a different (free) blu-ray softare. The movie starts and plays normally but there is no beeping. No issue during playback.

So in short the blu-ray software to play movies that came with my drive doesn't work and even your latest PowerDVD 21 software doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Windows 10 64-bit
I-7 2600K.
16 GB Ram
Asus P8P67 Deluxe Motherboard
Pioneer BDR-2212 Writer
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
The beeping is not caused by PowerDVD, but rather some unknown or malfunction hardware driver or Windows system component when the DRM video got played (with PDVD). It could be that the free software by passes DRM so you don't hear it.

Try updating or reinstalling your video drivers. You should also try running the Windows utility System File Checker to repair missing or corrupted system files.

There are a lot of threads about possible causes from these Windows generated beeps, such as this one:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intermittent-beeping-sound/31d57013-e8e7-47c0-86b6-333a6c84b5cf

Dave
Nghia Huynh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2022 21:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The beeping is not caused by PowerDVD, but rather some unknown or malfunction hardware driver or Windows system component when the DRM video got played (with PDVD). It could be that the free software by passes DRM so you don't hear it.

Try updating or reinstalling your video drivers. You should also try running the Windows utility System File Checker to repair missing or corrupted system files.

There are a lot of threads about possible causes from these Windows generated beeps, such as this one:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intermittent-beeping-sound/31d57013-e8e7-47c0-86b6-333a6c84b5cf

Dave

Thanks for the tips. I'll do some more research!