Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD's are not burning correctly
DJ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2009 14:43 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
For some reason no matter what movie I choose, nothing is written to the disk properly when i use powerdirector 8. Has anyone else had this issue...or maybe does anyone know what the problem might be.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi DJ -

Can you provide the details of a particular time when the burning failed... format, profile, video source & properties, burn settings etc.

It's hard to determine the problem with not much information.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
DJ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2009 14:43 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
It never fails. It goes through the process of burning and even tells me that the burning is successful.

The video was an avi 4:3 ratio. DVD 4.7 SP standard quality dob digital two channels. That is the setting.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7979.page#34439

Please.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
[Post New]
I have the same problem with Patch 220c but here is a work around I figured out: just convert my entire video to MPEG2 with no problems and then write down the Titles times I created and insert them into great big file I created. Go to Create Disc make my setting and select my DVD format and finally let it go, perfectly.

Only problem I have now is it will not use the SmartSounds I have purchased, so I just create a music score on the story board and Produce it and covert it to an .mp3 and it works.

Hope they fix this fast it will save alot of time.