Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Not matching Video
Chad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2009 17:17 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I have only done a few projects and am new to video editing, however I just burned a DVD and the audio is not matching the video. I legally copied a few music videos from a few DVDs so that I could create my own DVD. Everything looks good on the screen until I burn a DVD and play it back...then its all messed up. I simply have one music video after another. No special effects or anything. Just a new chapter at the beginning of each new music video. Any ideas?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, please read:

You can not pinpoint the issue BUT you can give more detail of content and provide a visual image as well as a diagnostic of your set up. Please note that 3 (x100kb) images/files can be attached to your reply.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A - name it
PART B - provide it
PART F - use them
PART E - an alternative
PART D - presentation is important

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Chad [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'll try to explain my problem and situation better this time
The audio in my dvd's is about 3-4 seconds delayed from the video.
My PD version is 8.00.2013
My computer diagnostics are attached
As well as a print screen of what the video timeline looks like. Maybe there is a problem I'm just not seeing.
- I captured the music videos from a DVD
- I Changed all the captured content Alias' while in the content box (above the timeline)
- I then dropped the content into the timeline
- I added chapters at the beginning of each new clip
- Then I renamed the chapters
- I then added one of the stock DVD menus on th program and burned the DVD.

Still...everytime I burn a DVD the music is not matched with the words... Any help would be greatly appreciated!
 Filename
Print Screen.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
87 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
330 time(s)
 Filename
Chad S.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
10 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
553 time(s)
GEAtkins [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2009 15:38 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I have had this problem in years past with other NLE platforms (not PD) and it is usually related to source materials.

If it would be possible to convert your DVD (vob ?) files to say an avi using one of the converters such as Prism (Virtual Dub??, others) first, and then import these avi's into PD, it might provide a solution, but I am not certain.

In most instances files from actual DVD's are already compressed and not ideally suited to editing, but sometimes they can be fixed.

Anybody else?

Glenn
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Update to 2220c
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

OK, I haven't any miracle solution for you.

There are reports on here of vob files when extracted and married up with other video going out of sync.

I note you have all of them with mpg extensions. Have you just changed the extension name - during your renaming process from vob to mpg?

Would you try rendering one video to an mpeg file and see if that corrects the issue?

Does one video in the video track play in sync?

I cant see you've done anything to the video - not even if you've added a transition between them.
Chad [Avatar]
[Post New]
When I captured the video from the DVDs they had the extention of mpeg, not VOB (Is that Bad?) again..I'm a newbie.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Chad,

Dafydd wrote:
There are reports on here of vob files when extracted and married up with other video going out of sync.
I've had the same issue with .vob files. See this thread for the suggested solutions that worked for me. Perhaps this will help.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7428.page

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
[Post New]
Same problem here!
My video and audio are out of sync.
My project takes 1 week, today one of my videos in the timeline was black with 0,0,0 so i delete it an update from the library again.
After that my video was out of sync.
What's wrong?
thanks
[Post New]
Im getting frustrating with PD8.
Crashes
out of sync videos
for small clips its ok but 2hr long AVCD its a nightmare.
Raymond [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2010 16:08 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I've got the same problem. Anyone have a solution:

Ray.
MICHAEL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 14, 2010 08:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am a newcomer to this software (PD 8 in Media Suite) and have a encountered a similar poblem. I will describe my observations in case it helps isolate what appears to be a software bug, or at least a problem that others have encountered. First, I do have mixed media - mpeg, jpg and VOB. Before I inserted a lot of stills and VOB's, I produced the project and everything looked fine. Then, after massive video triming, insertion of stills and VOB's and transitions, the voices were noticably out of sync starting at about 38 minutes (out of 60 min total) and were 5-6 seconds out by the end of the video. If I played a clip from the end, it was out of sync. If I copied the same clip to the begining of the video, it played fine. So, what I wound up doing was producing the entire project, then deleting the clips from the begining that were synced properly, then producing again and so on. Eventually, I had overlaping AVI files that I could bring back into PD and trim and reassemble into my final production. This worked, but it is far from ideal and I would love to find a way to avoid it in the future.

-Mike

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 14. 2010 14:27