Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lens Flares from old versions.
gabo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 23, 2018 17:16 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
In the past, I used to purchase PD, going back to maybe PD12 through PD17. Then I started subscribing to PD365 in 2018 and beyond.

I also moved to a new PC last year, so had to install everything new.

Now I have some old projects I'm trying to open. When I open them, they give an error opening a number of screen flare FX that I had on those projects.

It's looking for files named LensFlare_screen.wmv, LensFlare02_screen.wmv, etc.

I have gone back and installed a bunch of effects packs in Application Manager, but I've yet to install anything that gives me those Flares. I've looked through old download folders and found a few effects packs that I downloaded back in the days prior to Application Manager, but all of them are available now in AP MGR so I've installed all of those, but no luck.

Anyone know where to obtain these flares? Would be nice if PD would allow you to copy all the files used in a project to the project directory. Maybe there is an option for that to prevent this in the future??

Thanks, gabo
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Did you try the "Lens Flare Blending Pack"? It contains Lens Flare 01-48.

It could also be "PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 2" as that was the original "Lens Flare 01-02", I'm not sure if the other pack replicates. "Lens Flare 01-02".

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 04. 2021 12:02

gabo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Did you try the "Lens Flare Blending Pack"? It contains Lens Flare 01-48.

It could also be "PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 2" as that was the original "Lens Flare 01-02", I'm not sure if the other pack replicates. "Lens Flare 01-02".

Jeff

Yea, that's the first one I installed. I'll try the Content Pack Premium 2 and see if that works. There are so many packs these days, it's a chore sorting through all of them.

gabo
gabo [Avatar]
[Post New]

Yea, that's the first one I installed. I'll try the Content Pack Premium 2 and see if that works. There are so many packs these days, it's a chore sorting through all of them.

gabo

Ah, the Content Pack Premium 2 was it!! Thanks so much for finding that!

gabo
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yea, that's the first one I installed. I'll try the Content Pack Premium 2 and see if that works. There are so many packs these days, it's a chore sorting through all of them.

gabo

This FAQ CL put together helps, https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=25083 but true upward compatibility is a real need for serious development, and has been for years.

Jeff
gabo [Avatar]
[Post New]

This FAQ CL put together helps, https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=25083 but true upward compatibility is a real need for serious development, and has been for years.

Jeff

Thanks, that FAQ is ok, but it sure would be nice if there was a page where you could put in the "missing file name" and have it return what pack that's in!

FWIW, I am also a DAW user. The program I use for that, they create a directory for each "project" when you save a new project. Then they ask the question when you save the project "do you want to copy all used files to your project folder?"

If you answer yes to that question, then everything included in that project is in that folder. You can copy the folder to another machine or give it to a coworker and it's a complete picture of the project. That's a much better way to handle it.

gabo