Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Offset Subtitles To Specific Timecode
shadragon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 29, 2015 09:43 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Whenever I import subtitles they start at 0:00 on the timeline.

To sync them up to my video correctly I need to start the video at -0:05 seconds, but cannot do that. So I need to start the vid at 0:00 and have the subtitles start at 0:05. Yet, I cannot find a way to offset the subtitles to start other than at 0:00. Having the subtitles appear 5 secs before the appropriatte video is jarring.

Is there any way to offset all sub-titles simultaniously?

It's over 600 sub-titles so manually adjusting each to the video isn't in the cards.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Whenever I import subtitles they start at 0:00 on the timeline.

To sync them up to my video correctly I need to start the video at -0:05 seconds, but cannot do that. So I need to start the vid at 0:00 and have the subtitles start at 0:05. Yet, I cannot find a way to offset the subtitles to start other than at 0:00. Having the subtitles appear 5 secs before the appropriatte video is jarring.

It's over 600 sub-titles so manually adjusting each to the video isn't in the cards.

PD does not support such subtitle feature. Use google to search for a subtitle editor, shifter, or resync tool, many out there. You can then write out your srt file from PD or use your current subtitle file, shift everything the duration need, and then read in again.

Jeff
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Whenever I import subtitles they start at 0:00 on the timeline.

Hi,

You don't say what version of PDR you're on and Jeff is correct that there is no sophisticated way of editing Sub Titles in PDR.
but try this -

Make sure your SubTitle track is active
In your Subtitle room rt click>Select All Sub Titles
On the Subtitle Track all the Subtitles should be selected and therefore grouped
Slide the subtitles to the correct time point
Should re-calculate all the timings - changes should be visible in the Subtitle room.

I've checked it in PDR15 and 20 with a few, not 600, so can't say for certain.

Worth a try?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
shadragon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 29, 2015 09:43 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
PD17 Ultimate, sorry about that omission.

Your suggestion was what I ended up trying after posting the first message. It took a long time for all of the subtitles (630) to be selected and there were visual freezes, flickering & glitches as it applied. I have a Threadripper / 3090 combo so it was using a lot of horespower for that function. Don't know why. Everything else in PD is always butter smooth.

Got it within .2 of a second for the sync so it's much better. After the slide it went through every subtitle, displaying it on the screen with the relevant scene. That took a while as well. Rendering it out now in hi-res, but I think I'm good.

Cheers.

Hi,

You don't say what version of PDR you're on and Jeff is correct that there is no sophisticated way of editing Sub Titles in PDR.
but try this -

Make sure your SubTitle track is active
In your Subtitle room rt click>Select All Sub Titles
On the Subtitle Track all the Subtitles should be selected and therefore grouped
Slide the subtitles to the correct time point
Should re-calculate all the timings - changes should be visible in the Subtitle room.

I've checked it in PDR15 and 20 with a few, not 600, so can't say for certain.

Worth a try?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator