Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Now and then I get a commercial tip in PD 19 about PD 20 but that goes to 365 instead
Tomas E [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 07, 2019 11:51 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]
Now and then I get a commercial tip in PD 19 about PD 20 but that goes to 365 instead. I can't find any PD 20 link for downloading. Where is it? PowerDirector 19 Ultimate, Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz
32 GB RAM
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Now and then I get a commercial tip in PD 19 about PD 20 but that goes to 365 instead. I can't find any PD 20 link for downloading. Where is it?

PowerDirector 20 is the product, 365 is a sales gimmick for the monthly or annual subscription based licensing model that has constant, mostly fluff type updates, fonts, sounds, background dance music, title packs, transitions, pushed patches,...on and on that are not available to the PD20 perpetual license holders. The PD20 standalone perpetual licensed product only gets periodic bug fix patches, often lagging the same PD20 365 license bug patch push substantially.

The left two products here https://www.cyberlink.com/store/powerdirector-video-editing-software/buy_en_US.html?affid=2581_1709_540 under "Lifetime License" are the perpetual license PD20 products, the right 3 products are PD20 under the PD365 Subscription model.

Jeff
Tomas E [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 07, 2019 11:51 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]

PowerDirector 20 is the product, 365 is a sales gimmick for the monthly or annual subscription based licensing model that has constant, mostly fluff type updates, fonts, sounds, background dance music, title packs, transitions, pushed patches,...on and on that are not available to the PD20 perpetual license holders. The PD20 standalone perpetual licensed product only gets periodic bug fix patches, often lagging the same PD20 365 license bug patch push substantially.

The left two products here https://www.cyberlink.com/store/powerdirector-video-editing-software/buy_en_US.html?affid=2581_1709_540 under "Lifetime License" are the perpetual license PD20 products, the right 3 products are PD20 under the PD365 Subscription model.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff!

I wonder why they always seem to make things so difficult. People are not as stupid as they sometimes seem to think. (Although it's a serious company with good support and so on).

I think there was a discount on PD20 before but seemingly it has expired before I could find it. Think I'll wait for a while, bought my PD19 quite recently compared to the PD18-19 upgrade. PowerDirector 19 Ultimate, Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz
32 GB RAM