Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
power director 19
Eddy Rice Jr. [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 30, 2021 22:00 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Power Director 19
Hi Guys!
My C Drive storage was getting full so I transfered all downloaded transistions and particles to my D drive on my desktop computer.
When I did this they all dissapeared from power director 19. I tried reversing it but no luck.
All files are still on my computer. Does anyone know how I can get them to function again in power director.
Thanks.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You can't just randomly move content for any installed program and then expect the program to know where its resources have been moved to.

Since you did that and ran PD19, it sounds like PD19 saw that all the content was gone and removed those folders from it's resource list and didn't restore them when you moved the content back.

At this point, the best thing to do is to follow the steps in this discussion to create a symbolic junction from where the files are currently on your C: drive that points to the new location on your D: drive. Once that's done and your content is on the D: drive, you'll need to uninstall then reinstall PD19 and then download and install the latest patch.

If you don't feel comfortable making these changes, maybe ask a tech-savvy friend or go to a local PC store that offeres tech support services.
Eddy Rice Jr. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You can't just randomly move content for any installed program and then expect the program to know where its resources have been moved to.

Since you did that and ran PD19, it sounds like PD19 saw that all the content was gone and removed those folders from it's resource list and didn't restore them when you moved the content back.

At this point, the best thing to do is to follow the steps in this discussion to create a symbolic junction from where the files are currently on your C: drive that points to the new location on your D: drive. Once that's done and your content is on the D: drive, you'll need to uninstall then reinstall PD19 and then download and install the latest patch.

If you don't feel comfortable making these changes, maybe ask a tech-savvy friend or go to a local PC store that offeres tech support services.

Okay I see I screwed it up.
It seems by the time I do all that it would be easier to start downloading the effects again one by one and delete the original effects from my computer.
Are you saying even if I get a tech guy to point the direction to the d drive files I will still have to uninstal power director 19 and reinstall and do a patch?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Okay I see I screwed it up. It seems by the time I do all that it would be easier to start downloading the effects again one by one and delete the original effects from my computer.

That's an option, but you will have to install them all again in the exact same order or PD will pull up the wrong content when you open an existing project. My suggestion avoid that problem.
Quote Are you saying even if I get a tech guy to point the direction to the d drive files I will still have to uninstal power director 19 and reinstall and do a patch?

You can have the tech person do all that. Just make sure you have the original PD19 installer ready for them and also have them download the build 3227 patch from here and install it.
Eddy Rice Jr. [Avatar]
[Post New]

That's an option, but you will have to install them all again in the exact same order or PD will pull up the wrong content when you open an existing project. My suggestion avoid that problem.

You can have the tech person do all that. Just make sure you have the original PD19 installer ready for them and also have them download the build 3227 patch from here and install it.

Thanks for all your help. IO do have hundreds of transistions and particles on my computer.
I just need to mke the power directoe know wher ethey are at now I guess.
I hope my Best Buy Tech Suppot plan will cover that.
Thanks.