Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Updating PC
David Warman1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2017 16:03 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Looking at updateing my pc to make full use of AI in Power Director.
Thinking of gettind AMD Ryzen 5 5600, processor, Gigabytte GA-A320M motherboard and 1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE 710 graphics card.
Any one got any views on these or maybe suggest something else.
Its only for home editing so I don't want to spend more than I need to
Thanks folks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Take a look at the specs page for more info on minimum requirements. Your CPU should work fine but you'll need to be running Win10/11.

As for your GeForce 710 nVidia card, there's nothing useful in it as far as PD is concerned so you should plan to get one of the cards with H.264 and H.265 encoding (NVENC) shown in green at the right side on this chart. The higher up on the page, the older the cards are but if you're not doing any gaming, you can choose the cheapest NVENC option.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Requirements really depend on editing features, video quality and produced format desire. Since you only mention "full use of AI in Power Director" as a requirement I can only assume that perhaps means you have significant timeline content for which you plan to use an AI Style. If that's the case, you really need a strong CUDA>3.0 Nvidia GPU supported card or OpenVINO supported CPU or very short video durations as processing with CPU only will be extremely time consuming, 20-25X realtime would not be surprising. H.264 and/or H.265 GPU encoding (NVENC and/or NVDEC) of secondary concern for producing timeline edits composed of say AI Impressionist.

Jeff
SweetTasha [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 26, 2019 17:40 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using a DELL Inspiron 3668, Intel Core i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz. Is that enough?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm using a DELL Inspiron 3668, Intel Core i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz. Is that enough?

That CPU meets the requirements for features shown in the Let AI Do the Heavy Lifting section here. I think it would struggle with the kinds of edits that JL_JL described above.