Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Auto Pre-cut Video into same size segments
TinkerDog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2016 21:48 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
How can you AUTOMATICALLY pre-cut a video into SAME SIZE segments ?

Like, I want to cut a 60 video into 10 second segments automatically, without having to manually pre-cut them?

Thanks!

( I know about the Magic Cut tool, but it uses "Magic Technology" to make its cuts. So, it may cut out something I want to use in the videos.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 04. 2021 12:35

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote How can you AUTOMATICALLY pre-cut a video into SAME SIZE segments ?

Like, I want to cut a 60 video into 10 second segments automatically, without having to manually pre-cut them?

Thanks!

( I know about the Magic Cut tool, but it uses "Magic Technology" to make its cuts. So, it may cut out something I want to use in the videos.)

Not possible with PD20 alone in an automatic fashion.

Jeff
TinkerDog [Avatar]
[Post New]

Not possible with PD20 alone in an automatic fashion.

Jeff

I was afraid of that. I hope they add that as an option in a later build.

Thanks!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You should let CL know you'd like to see that functionality added via File | Rate Us & Provide Suggestions.

In the mean time, there are ways to do that using free 3rd party apps. Here's one example using ffmpeg.
TinkerDog [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You should let CL know you'd like to see that functionality added via File | Rate Us & Provide Suggestions.

In the mean time, there are ways to do that using free 3rd party apps. Here's one example using ffmpeg.

Thanks for the heads up !!