Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Best new webcam that works with YouCam 9
santatrue [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 29, 2020 20:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am looking at getting a new webcam, and I was wondering what new webcams have been tested with Youcam 9
(Using a Lenovo think pad)
Apparently not all webcams are a good fit with youcam, and I want to know what you folks recommend. Thanks!
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am looking at getting a new webcam, and I was wondering what new webcams have been tested with Youcam 9
(Using a Lenovo think pad)
Apparently not all webcams are a good fit with youcam, and I want to know what you folks recommend. Thanks!

I went from an old, inexpensive webcam to a new, top of the line webcam, and aside from the resolution (and some additional flexibility in the camera settings), I didn't notice any difference in YouCam's behavior. I'd worry more about price and camera quality. If in doubt, buy from a retailor with a decent return policy.