Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My photos are in Particle Room
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Well, here I am again. Come across something I've never experienced before.
Earlier I uploaded 110 photos into PD 16 untending to make a photo show. After inserting them on the timeline I wanted to have some sort of title. Chose one and when I clicked on the Particle Room, a large number of my photos were in there along with the normal particles and those I downloaded long time ago. (see atch)
Can anybody tell me how my photos ended-up in the Particle Room? It's not a big deal. I'll just remove them.
An aside on this. Is there any way to lengthen the duration of the photos "enmasse" or only 1 at a time?
[Thumb - Capture.JPG]
 Filename
Capture.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
photos in particle room
 Filesize
72 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2021 16:13

Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like you might have corruption of your Windows user account. There are tons of articles online on how to check, repair and/or replace a damaged account with a new one. You can also try uninstalling then reinstalling PD16 to see it that clears up the mangled images.

As to changing image durations, the easiest way is to set the default image duration to the desired value from Preferences | Editing before placing any clips on the timeline.

If the clips are already on the timeline, select them all (or in groups) then click on the duration tool above the top left edge of the timeline and set the new duration there.
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Looks like you might have corruption of your Windows user account. There are tons of articles online on how to check, repair and/or replace a damaged account with a new one. You can also try uninstalling then reinstalling PD16 to see it that clears up the mangled images.

As to changing image durations, the easiest way is to set the default image duration to the desired value from Preferences | Editing before placing any clips on the timeline.

If the clips are already on the timeline, select them all (or in groups) then click on the duration tool above the top left edge of the timeline and set the new duration there.

Thanks for your response to both items.
I have to look for my copy of PD16. Once I find it, I'll reinstall it.
Appreciate the info
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Can anybody tell me how my photos ended-up in the Particle Room? It's not a big deal. I'll just remove them.

I would not remove them as they are the legitimate particle names in the Particle room with the incorrect image for some of the particle thumbnails. This can happen when the pc is low on resources. You may want to shut down the pc for a minute and then cold start it to see if it helps. My experience is that when this happens, Windows and the apps appear to run very slow and it keeps finding errors on the boot drive which is fixed by replacing it.

Try optodata’s solution as it is no cost to fix the pc.
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks tomasc
I'll try the reinstall.
I don't think my PC is low on resources. No other problems. This just happened.
Again, thanks
I have a different question. Should I make a new post. It's about the audio on a produced photoshow

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2021 19:44

Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a different question. Should I make a new post. It's about the audio on a produced photoshow

A new subject generally means you should start a new discussion