Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audiodirector 12 - Can no longer use Vocal Removal
Sturman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 24, 2016 11:57 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I've been using vocal removal for a long time now. I have 365 and I was updating Powerdirector via the application manager and saw Audiodirector had one too. So I updated them both. The machine had been off of some time so there was also some windows updates. I've applied them all too. So I'm at Windows 10 21H1. I have checked multiple times and there are no more updates.

Audiodirector opens fine, but when I try to use "Voice Boost and Removal in Music" I get a message:
"The effects connat be applied on your PC. Try installing the latest Windows update and check if your system supports the AVX instruction set."
To be clear the very first time I tried to use it audiodirecter did say something about downloading components... but then it ended up with the same message.

It used to work in the previous version so I assumed it has AVX support. But I checked using HWINFO64 anyways and it seems to confirm my Intel Core i7-3930K is capable (but not AVX2 or AVX-512,). I'm using an Alienware Aurora R2, its a bit older but its always been good for the video editing I've been doing.

So does it need AVX2 or AVX-512 support? or is there something else I can try?

TIA

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 17. 2021 14:27

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The new AI vocal removal in AD12 requires AVX2 which can be found in the i7-4770 or higher as in this spec page of Minimum service requirement: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/audiodirector/specs_en_US.html .
Sturman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 24, 2016 11:57 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The new AI vocal removal in AD12 requires AVX2 which can be found in the i7-4770 or higher as in this spec page of Minimum service requirement: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/audiodirector/specs_en_US.html .

Thank you for the link.

Is there any way to go back a version when using the application manager?

Or is there some kind of addin I can get that will put back the old method in the new version?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is there any way to go back a version when using the application manager?

Or is there some kind of addin I can get that will put back the old method in the new version?

The answer to both questions is no. The only way to revert to an older subscription product is to restore a system backup you'd already made when the previous version was installed.

Since your system is not compatible with the newer plug-in, you should contact CL tech support and request a link to the previous version.

It's important to note that you will not be able to update AD12/365 again unless they decide to restore the older code for systems without AVX2. You can request that from File | Rate Us & Provide Suggestions.

The only other option would be to get a newer system. Your CPU first came on the market 10 years ago and virtually any new or recent used system will run circles around your current hardware.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 17. 2021 16:13