Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adding and removing transitions
BrianE [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2020 11:46 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to add or remove transitions from all video clips, without having the do it individually? The reason I ask is that I find that if I make certain changes to the video clips, if I leave the transitions in place, I can end up with gaps between the clips, which only show up in storyboard view, or in timeline view if I remove the transitions after finishing the editing.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The Help website is the quickest way to find answers about specific features. See the note highlighted in yellow at the bottom of this page.
BrianE [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2020 11:46 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The Help website is the quickest way to find answers about specific features. See the note highlighted in yellow at the bottom of this page.

Thanks for that - I've added a bookmark to Chrome for future reference. The audio fade could be very useful sometimes, rather than adding fades using the Pip Designer function. I still can't find any reference to removing all transitions though, so it may be that that particular feature isn't available.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah, I'm not aware of any way to remove all transitions. That's something you can request from File > Rate Us & Provide Suggestions. It might be useful to have options to remove all on both a per track and entire project basis.

As to the current situation, you may find that locking all the tracks that you aren't working on will prevent the unwanted clip separations.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks for that - I've added a bookmark to Chrome for future reference. The audio fade could be very useful sometimes, rather than adding fades using the Pip Designer function. I still can't find any reference to removing all transitions though, so it may be that that particular feature isn't available.

Hi,
Just to complete the picture, don't forget that you can select a group, or all, transitions, admittedly one by one, by selecting them whilst holding down the Ctrl key and then deleting them with one keystroke. Not uber-slick but perhaps better than nothing?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator