Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Set clip in timeline as inactive?
Cyber-Rob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2018 14:47 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Hello forum,

If I have a clip (e.g. an edited title) that I dont want to see anymore but dont want to remove it completely as well, I always helped me by dragging it to a lower video track so that it cannot be seen anymore.
Is there really no fast and easy way to set a clip on the timeline as inactive?

Thank you in advance,
Rob
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is there really no fast and easy way to set a clip on the timeline as inactive?

There are 2 easier ways I thought of off the top of my head.

If the clip is on its own track, simply disable the video track by unchecking the box at the far left side:

If the no-longer-needed clip is on the same track as other clips and you want the rest of them to remain in the project, simply reduce the clip's opacity to 0.

For titles, you'll need to do that in the Title Designer (under Object Settings), but for regular video clips and photos, do it directly on the timeline by dragging the thin green horizontal line all the way to the bottom.