Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why do PDS files disappear?
Neb1982 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2020 20:17 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I am missing a file. I cannot find it in autosave, because for some reason, it auto deletes the files after a while. Deep scanning the hard drive didn't find it.This is not the first time this has happened. How can I recover this file that I worked on for weeks? And how can PDS files just simply disappear?!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am missing a file. I cannot find it in autosave, because for some reason, it auto deletes the files after a while. Deep scanning the hard drive didn't find it.This is not the first time this has happened. How can I recover this file that I worked on for weeks? And how can PDS files just simply disappear?!

Go to Preferences/Project. Please post the location of your Auto save project files. Go to File/Save Project as… and post the location of the saved project files.You can post screenshots of these if you want.
Neb1982 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2020 20:17 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]

Go to Preferences/Project. Please post the location of your Auto save project files. Go to File/Save Project as… and post the location of the saved project files.You can post screenshots of these if you want.

Auto save is stored here: C:\Users\Gamer\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\18.0\Cache\AutoSave

Files are stored here : E:\Video editing E disk\PDS files E disk\xxx x
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
If the Drive E is an external removable drive, then that could happen when it is disconnected or powered down without first using the Safely remove hardware button to let one know when it can safely be removed. I would save the project files (.pds) in the Documents\Cyberlink\PowerDirector\18.0\ internal drive folder for all projects while the assets, import, and produced folders can be kept in the external drive. This would lessen the chance of the .pds file not being completely written to disk. You may also save your projects using save as… with a suffix of say -1, -2, -3, and so on in case the last one gets corrupted again. You would then have a previous one to use.