Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Marking Point
mramish123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2016 14:57 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Can I place a mark on a subject in video that follows marked area? Example: a red dot on the side of a bird that stays on spot throughout video. I'm wanting to draw arms on a bird frame by frame and want the arm connection point on birds body to be right on so it doesn't look jumpy in final edit
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's what the Motion Tracker tool is for. Selct the clip you want to edit then click on Tools ˅ Motion Tracker.

Click on the "Click to watch tutorial video" pop-up when you first open the tool to learn more about using it. There are also plenty of tutorials here on the forum and on YouTube with different takes on using it.
mramish123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That's what the Motion Tracker tool is for. Selct the clip you want to edit then click on Tools ˅ Motion Tracker.

Thanks optodata,

I was trying to use the Motion Tracker tool, but it didn't hold exactly to the chosen spot. Maybe I wasn't using it correctly? I need to mark a spot to add my drawings one frame at a time to look smooth and not jumpy from imperfect placement. I've attached an example. (the red dot would actually be smaller in use covered up by the layer with the arm
 Filename
dot (2).mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
190 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
100 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 15. 2021 01:19

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's why I suggested the tutorials. Take a look at this discussion first, then use the Help file or tutorial that shows how to manually adjust the tracker if it isn't following closely enough.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 14. 2021 23:53

mramish123 [Avatar]
[Post New]

That's why I suggested the tutorials. Take a look at this discussion first, then use the Help file or tutorial that shows how to manually adjust the tracker if it isn't following closely enough.

I will do that. It's nice to know that it is possible to do what I need before taking time to watch tutorials. I've already spent many hours taking dead ends for this project. Thanks again for your help!