Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SR4 recording as if fps is really low
Darlisa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2020 00:36 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Since the last update of Screen Recorder 4, I'm having issues with the recording looking like my gameplay has a memory/fps issue, with jerks in the gameplay movement. My gameplay is fine but the recorder is acting like the fps is really low. What I've had to do is record for about 20 minutes, stop recording, then start again. Anything more than about 30 minutes and the issue starts. I didn't have this issue previously and could record for a couple of hours with no issue.
504roadtrips
Newbie Location: New Orleans, Louisiana Joined: Apr 11, 2017 20:48 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Since the last update of Screen Recorder 4, I'm having issues with the recording looking like my gameplay has a memory/fps issue, with jerks in the gameplay movement. My gameplay is fine but the recorder is acting like the fps is really low. What I've had to do is record for about 20 minutes, stop recording, then start again. Anything more than about 30 minutes and the issue starts. I didn't have this issue previously and could record for a couple of hours with no issue.

Sorry to revive this old thread, but there's not much in this part of the forum. I've used Screen Recorder in the past to to "tutorial" type videos, and I recently installed Screen Recorder 4 on a newer computer to do that again. It only captured every 4th or 5th frame, even though it was set to 30 fps at 1080p. Is there a setting I need to change? It worked fine on my older, slower computer.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think SR4 has been updated in awhile. My version is 4.3.0.19614.

You may want to make sure the Enable hardware encoding box is checked under Preferences | Video. You can also try a higher frame rate to see if that results in cleaner motion/better capture in the recording.