Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
lighting fix
Eddy Rice Jr. [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 30, 2021 22:00 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
When I adjust my lighting the video will then stop playing when it reaches the point where I have done the lighting correction.
All I'm doing is adjusting the controls to correct lighting. Am I supposed to save it somehow before continuing?
Otherwise I have to remove the enhancement to contiune editing the video.
I see the apply to all button. But what if I do not want to apply to all only the one video clip?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 08. 2021 19:34

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
When you apply filters (effects) to the video, the playback becomes heavier and can even give small crashes.
Try lowering the resolution for preview, worse preview but may improve video fluidity
I use HD...
As for applying the effect, it will be applied only to the selected videos, if you click on apply to all it will be so. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Eddy Rice Jr. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote When you apply filters (effects) to the video, the playback becomes heavier and can even give small crashes.
Try lowering the resolution for preview, worse preview but may improve video fluidity
I use HD...
As for applying the effect, it will be applied only to the selected videos, if you click on apply to all it will be so.

Sorry. Are you saying if i click apply to all it will only apply the color correction to the one clip, or all the clips on the timeline?
I am editing several clips together and only want to apply the color correcton to specific clips. Not to have it on all clips.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09. 2021 00:57

Eddy Rice Jr. [Avatar]
[Post New]

Sorry. Are you saying if i click apply to all it will only apply the color correction to the one clip, or all the clips on the timeline?
I am editing several clips together and only want to apply the color correcton to specific clips. Not to have it on all clips.

If i don't hit the apply to all when I play my video back it stops at that oint where the color correction was added & will play no further.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]

If i don't hit the apply to all when I play my video back it stops at that oint where the color correction was added & will play no further.

To clear up doubts I added 4 fullhd clips to the timeline, applied filters, Color Adjustment / Highlight and Exposure
I also used Edge Engagement
It works but in the preview it doesn't roll smoothly it goes like skipping frames.
After producing the video rolls normal.
As for applying only to one clip, select the clip that will be applied.
If that doesn't help make a screenshot of your screen and post here, it might help me and others. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
AVPlayVideo
[Post New]
If I understand, you downloaded a package of LUTS and you can't find it.
If so, see the attached image
[Thumb - luts.jpg]
 Filename
luts.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
413 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If i don't hit the apply to all when I play my video back it stops at that oint where the color correction was added & will play no further.

You have to exit the tool before you can preview the rest of the timeline. Click on the X at the top right of the tool window or simply click on any other clip or blank space on the timeline. The changes you made are already applied.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09. 2021 13:43

Eddy Rice Jr. [Avatar]
[Post New]

You have to exit the tool before you can preview the rest of the timeline. Click on the X at the top right of the tool window or simply click on any other clip or blank space on the timeline. The changes you made are already applied.

If I make the color correction to one clip and close it with the x will it be applied to only the one video clip unless I push the apply to all?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If I make the color correction to one clip and close it with the x will it be applied to only the one video clip unless I push the apply to all?

Yes. You may want to watch some tutorials to see how all the different parts of PD work. This post is a good place to start.