Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Perfect can v youcam
stinky123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 26, 2021 08:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Cannot figure out what differences are in youcam and perfectcam?

There is no feature list comparison list I can find.

Trying both free trials, but annoyingly I think both free trials are missing features.

in youcam you cannot try the skin smoothing feature, you cannot blur background, there is no green background - in fact no backgrounds at all, just images you kind of get put into like your head will be overlaid on a balloon, really weird. But accessories like hats and stuff look fun.

tgen on perfectcam free trial there is no fun stuff, you can blur, but again no proper office type backgrounds to choose from to test out.

In both also don't seem to be much in way of changing lighting to make look better in terms of light management.

feeling underwhelmed but the ability to add makeup, that is really cool.

I have windows 10 and use teams both versions get picked up ok though after lots of messing around.

my pc is wirks one with an amd 6400 k processor, but again seems to be coping ok.

I bought a Logitech 270 as was worried a cam too advanced might not be dupported well have yet to try this out on my i7 laptop yetwhich is super fast and has its own in built cam.

I guess I'm not sure about buying into a sub on either without knowing for sure which ones best. Any ideas very welcome to help me decide before an upgrade. I did ask support but no ones come back to me.
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Cannot figure out what differences are in youcam and perfectcam?

There is no feature list comparison list I can find.

Trying both free trials, but annoyingly I think both free trials are missing features.

in youcam you cannot try the skin smoothing feature, you cannot blur background, there is no green background - in fact no backgrounds at all, just images you kind of get put into like your head will be overlaid on a balloon, really weird. But accessories like hats and stuff look fun.

tgen on perfectcam free trial there is no fun stuff, you can blur, but again no proper office type backgrounds to choose from to test out.

In both also don't seem to be much in way of changing lighting to make look better in terms of light management.

feeling underwhelmed but the ability to add makeup, that is really cool.

I have windows 10 and use teams both versions get picked up ok though after lots of messing around.

my pc is wirks one with an amd 6400 k processor, but again seems to be coping ok.

I bought a Logitech 270 as was worried a cam too advanced might not be dupported well have yet to try this out on my i7 laptop yetwhich is super fast and has its own in built cam.

I guess I'm not sure about buying into a sub on either without knowing for sure which ones best. Any ideas very welcome to help me decide before an upgrade. I did ask support but no ones come back to me.

Hello,

Essentially, PerfectCam is more for business, and doesn't have the "fun" features such as avatars, emotions, etc.

Both of them do have video lighting adjustments, as well as the makeup and skin smoothening.

Check out the PefectCam page for more info and a link to the intro video: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/perfectcam/features_en_US.html

Here is the YouCam page: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/youcam/features_en_US.html

You can also view the user guide for YouCam 9 to search for a feature you are looking for:
https://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/user_guide/youcam/9/YouCam_ENU.pdf

Also note, that if you purchase either one, you can get a refund within 30 days if it doesn't have the features you are looking for.

Let me know if you have more questions
Cheers
YouCam Moderator
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Cannot figure out what differences are in youcam and perfectcam?

Hello,

Also, as noted in the thread link to below, PerfectCam does have default backgrounds you can use for your streaming videos. It also lets you import your own custom background to use:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83877.page#post_box_353162

Cheers
YouCam Moderator