Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Version update pop-ups
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
I regularly check my PD18 ultimate for updates. And lately I've been getting a PD18 update pop-up just after PC start - suggesting I do so. But when Pd is loaded, check the updates panel - there are none available, I have the latest version (see screenshot). Or do I? the screenshot has a panel about an upgrade special, . . .

Can someone clarify Cyberlink's usage of 'update' versus 'upgrade' terminology please. To a user (this little black duck) it seems to be very confused.
[Thumb - PD18 current version May 21.jpg]
 Filename
PD18 current version May 21.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
109 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I regularly check my PD18 ultimate for updates. And lately I've been getting a PD18 update pop-up just after PC start - suggesting I do so. But when Pd is loaded, check the updates panel - there are none available, I have the latest version (see screenshot). Or do I? the screenshot has a panel about an upgrade special, . . .

Can someone clarify Cyberlink's usage of 'update' versus 'upgrade' terminology please. To a user (this little black duck) it seems to be very confused.

You have the latest PD18 version, when you "opt in" in pref for software updates, you are consenting to: "To receive latest software patch info or sales offers in CyberLink applications" among many other things. So you get "update", "upgrade", or any other advertisements they want to send your way.

Highly unlikely at this point in PD19 release cycle time that another patch of any significance for PD18 would be forthcoming. They may provide the fix for DD5.1 though or just leave the hotfix that they put in place.

Jeff