Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Absolutely Appalling Response from Tech Support
IanG [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 04, 2017 11:48 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
I submitted my first ticket concerning a failed activation of PD15 on the 9th April.

Apart from an interim enquiry from them, seeking clarification of product use, it is now 20th April and the situation remains unresolved.

Cyberlink have never been noted for speedy response to problems, but I think unresolved after ELEVEN days is ridiculous.

Is anyone else experiencing similar delays??
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Apart from an interim enquiry from them, seeking clarification of product use, it is now 20th April and the situation remains unresolved.

Are they then still waiting for a clarification reply from you… They will not respond further without a reply first. That is my experience with them. I did not respond further on my last DTS5.1 inquiry so they closed out the ticket as wanted and as expected.
IanG [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi tomasc,

No they are waiting for nothing.

As I have such little faith in them I always retain a screenshot of Q&A's.

I have attached a screenshot of my reply. (Dated 13th April)
[Thumb - ScreenHunter 170.jpg]
 Filename
ScreenHunter 170.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Response to Tech Support
 Filesize
168 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Unfortunately your description of installing PD13 on both a desktop and laptop looks to me that you're in violation of their license agreement.

I completely understand that you are only using one at a time, but the standalone license is tied to one physical machine. Period. They did not seem to enforce that policy so much in years past and I did what you're doing without running into any major problems. However, it seems like that they do take notice now and I imagine they'll say something to that effect in their (missing) response.

The subscription version (PD365) is allowed to be installed on two machines, provided that you own both and only use one at a time. That's what I've been using for about 3 years and overall it's worked out pretty well.

I don't know if buying a second PD13 license for your laptop or changing to PD365 will be more acceptable/less detestable for you, but you will need to ensure that you're running the same version on both machines to be able to edit projects started on the other computer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 20. 2021 13:24

IanG [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi optdata,

Sorry to contradict your reply but, according to Cyberlink, the licence states - "Can be used on ONE machine at a time." - NOT tied to one physical machine.

I have no interest in going for the 365 version. I prefer to purchase rather than rent.

Cyberlink have informed the activation has been reset now, so no requirement to purchase a further licence. I wouldn't have anyway - I would simply have moved to an alternative software.
IanG [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi tomasc

Well, coincidence or what ??

Less than twenty minutes after communicating with you, Cyberlink reply to my Ticket informing me they have reactivated the software. You are obviously the "Golden Touch" of the video world -- thank you.