Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Activation Limit has been Reached? Every single time I open it
HuntersPad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2016 23:22 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a current issue going on? Just started today everytime I open it up I have to "activate this computer" To get it to run. But whats odd is it happens every single time I open it.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I've had that happen a couple times in the past hour but it stopped when I restored a system image I made on Mar 30. I've opened PD365 several times without any activation limit messages since then, so maybe it was a temporary issue with CL's servers today.

I'm going to restore the most recent image now and will post back if the problem reoccurs.

UPDATE: After restoring the most recent system image and launching PD365 several times, I have not seen any further messages. Hopefully this was just a temporary glitch things and are back to normal on your end as well.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 19. 2021 22:14

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is there a current issue going on? Just started today everytime I open it up I have to "activate this computer" To get it to run. But whats odd is it happens every single time I open it.

Hello,
What the message you received means is that PowerDirector 365 can only be open on one computer at a time. So if you were using PowerDirector 365 on a computer, and then opened it on a second computer, you will be asked to activate/set that computer as the current license holder.

To switch the license to another computer, you need to click on the button “Activate this computer” on the message. This will not uninstall the software from the other computer, but you will not be able to use it on a computer that is not activated.

If you have any more questions, please send them to https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
HuntersPad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2016 23:22 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]

Hello,
What the message you received means is that PowerDirector 365 can only be open on one computer at a time. So if you were using PowerDirector 365 on a computer, and then opened it on a second computer, you will be asked to activate/set that computer as the current license holder.

To switch the license to another computer, you need to click on the button “Activate this computer” on the message. This will not uninstall the software from the other computer, but you will not be able to use it on a computer that is not activated.

If you have any more questions, please send them to https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Very aware of what it means. But Read the other user below me was having the exact issue. Something was broken on Cyberlinks end... This was not recently opened on another computer.
David_D [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 10, 2019 10:03 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]

Very aware of what it means. But Read the other user below me was having the exact issue. Something was broken on Cyberlinks end... This was not recently opened on another computer.

I'm having this same issue - my other computer is not on or using PD. I am alos getting this issue with Photo Director! I'm on the road and need these to work!

Never had this before - something is going on on CyberLink's side.

Grrrrr sealed
D285 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2018 13:33 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Me too - and I only have 1 PC !
Ashelle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2019 12:35 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem here, first time ever.

Activation limit reached. Unless the limit is zero, I've not exceeded it.

Perhaps further thought will be given to the suggestion that nothing out of the ordinary is occurring.
Indi Ka [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2020 15:25 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone,
I have the same problem with the activation limit, and wanted to ask you if you solved the problem in the meantime?
Did you finally click on the button “Activate this computer”?
Ashelle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2019 12:35 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
For me, sometimes it requires re-activation, sometimes not. Quite random. I activate the copy I'm using, then when I go home at night, I activate the version at home.

It never used to be this way before, but it's at least pretty easy to resolve...just annoying.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Did you finally click on the button “Activate this computer”?

I heard back from tech support, and they said

'With reference to your query, please be advised that you can download and install your PowerDirector 365 subscription software on multiple computers. However, you can only be signed in to the PowerDirector 365 on one of those computers at a time.

Please click "Activate this Computer" to resolve the concern.'

They didn't address why the message was showing up in the first place and they didn't delete all the activated machines on my account like I requested so I could start fresh, so until and unless something changes, it looks like anyone getting this message should just click it and move on.
Indi Ka [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2020 15:25 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
@ Ashelle and optadata
Thanks for your reply - I don't have a second computer, so I was quite confused about this message. Nevertheless I clicked the “Activate this computer”-button and everythings works fine again. Well, it's strange, but it works ... smile
similarly [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 16, 2017 21:41 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I never had this problem before, but it suddenly started yesterday.

I've always had this on two computers, one at home and one at work. I only ever have ONE computer turned on. Yet, the past two days, I keep getting the "activation limit reached".