Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Microphone tracks
SOHH YouTube [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2021 04:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,

just wondering if any one can help me out. I am using Powerdirector 365 and recently have found when adding Voice tracks using the microphone. The program keeps adding a new track each time I record and I either have to manually move each track up to the desired track position or by the end on my videos I had 20 or more voice tracks which is quite annoying.

I have had a look in the settings and also here on the forum but have not found a remidy to this problem.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
This indeed can be very annoying. It is “normal” behavior for PD and as far as I can see there are no options yet to switch this off.
You can manually add tracks, and each time the last track is being used, PD adds a new empty track below (or above) the last track to give space for more clips. And the track added is full combined video/audio track. Of course, you can simply delete all empty tracks by right clicking in the timeline and select remove empty tracks from the menu.
Maybe CL will turn the addition of tracks into an option if you file a suggestion using the Rate us & provide a suggestion…
SOHH YouTube [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2021 04:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah it would be good if you could dedicate a track for just the microphone and it stayed there.

I might look at adding a suggestion to the programers.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The funny thing is that PD always had dedicated music, mic, FX and title tracks up and only recently removed them. Here are the default tracks in PD14:

Cyberlink's usage data and requests on the forum to reduce the number of default tracks apparently led to the decision to reduce the number of default tracks and eliminate the 4 dedicated types, and now users are clamoring for them to be brought back.

It seems like the ideal outcome would be to have a default tracks setting where each person could decide which tracks and how many of each would appear in a new project. I've just submitted that suggestion and the more people that say something similar, the better.
PhoenixElvisNicholson [Avatar]
Member Location: Madison, Alabama USA Joined: May 29, 2020 14:46 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yeah it would be good if you could dedicate a track for just the microphone and it stayed there.

I might look at adding a suggestion to the programers.

I like that idea!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote TCyberlink's usage data and requests on the forum to reduce the number of default tracks apparently led to the decision to reduce the number of default tracks and eliminate the 4 dedicated types, and now users are clamoring for them to be brought back.

I have no idea about what CL usage data suggested, so can't comment there. The overwhelming desire voiced in the forum that I recall was twofold:
1) remove unused tracks for larger editing area
2) don't add a new blank track when I use a track

Too bad how this was construed into the provided product. Obviously more constructive user input appears very warranted in this and other modifications if indeed they were user requests. Movie/Clip mode another classic example.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have no idea about what CL usage data suggested, so can't comment there.

My statement was based on PDM posts like the first line in this post, which infers that CL takes usage data (from everyone that didn't opt out of the product improvement program) when making design decisions.

I hope they also give serious consideration to the Rate Us feedback.
3POINT [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 01, 2015 03:52 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]
I would prefer that PD starts with no tracks at all and that depending on what (audio, video, audio+video, text, fx, overlay etc) and where you import it on the timeline (on track, below or above) it automatically adds a audio track, a video track or an audio+video track.
Also I would prefer a key shortcut for quikly adding audio, video or audio+video tracks instead of the track manager. Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.
Software: Vegaspro365+Vegasaur/PowerDirector365
Hardware: i910900k,32GB,GTX2080s, 1920x1200 display
Playware: Samsung Qled QE65Q6FN, Philips 55PFL7108
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I would prefer that PD starts with no tracks at all and that depending on what (audio, video, audio+video, text, fx, overlay etc) and where you import it on the timeline (on track, below or above) it automatically adds a audio track, a video track or an audio+video track.
Also I would prefer a key shortcut for quikly adding audio, video or audio+video tracks instead of the track manager.

Suggest to let CL know what it is you want, using the Rate us & provide suggestions option in the file menu
3POINT [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 01, 2015 03:52 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]

Suggest to let CL know what it is you want, using the Rate us & provide suggestions option in the file menu

Zal ik zeker doen! Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.
Software: Vegaspro365+Vegasaur/PowerDirector365
Hardware: i910900k,32GB,GTX2080s, 1920x1200 display
Playware: Samsung Qled QE65Q6FN, Philips 55PFL7108
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Erro delay de internet

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 09. 2021 09:56

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Out of curiosity I checked to record voice here.
We can only use one voice track per project.
The first time you click REC you will be allowed to choose the track, I prefer to select the track.I click on the track, then REC, as many times as needed always record on the same track.
I saved it as a “My Timeline” project if I want to use it in future projects, the option to record audio was not saved.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/downloadAttach/28856.page

[Thumb - time line2.jpg]
 Filename
time line2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
151 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 09. 2021 09:50

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4