Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 17 Connecting the correct file to an edited clip
Zorikh [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 05, 2015 20:33 Messages: 99 Offline
[Post New]
I recently had the situation wher my PowerDirector edit file of a project got disconnected from all the video files, to the program made me, one by one, locate each video file that had ben edited into the clip. However, I had several instances of having more than one file of the same name in my computer, and in two of those instances, I chose the wrong video file.

So now, in this huge project with complicated edits, there are clips from the wrong files popping up.

How can I get the correct video file applied to those edits wihtout disconnecting the whole project from all the files and starting over again?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 07. 2021 05:24

Zorikh
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote How can I get the correct video file applied to those edits wihtout disconnecting the whole project from all the files and starting over again?

The process is straightforward. Open the project and locate the incorrect clips in the media library. Right click on each one and choose Open File Location and File Explorer should open up. Once you have the all the File Explorer windows open, go ahead and close PD then rename each of the misidentified clips, like by adding a "-" or any letters or numbers.

Open up the project again, and this time make sure you point PD to the correct clip when prompted. Save the project to lock in the new clip locations.