Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DV capture bottom field only
KariK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2021 09:34 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Using powerdirector 16
I've been capturing old dv tapes in dv-avi type 2 format. When I check captured dv-avi video properties it shows
"scan order: Bottom field only"
When captured dv-avi with any other capture software like stoik, windv, corel, pinnacle it is always
"scan order: Bottom field first". Is powerdirector skipping half of the frame or what is happening?

Thank you!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2021 09:56

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
See this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77190.page and attach a screenshot of the application window which states "scan order: Bottom field only" . You may also want to let us know which version of PD that you are using.
KariK [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote See this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77190.page and attach a screenshot of the application window which states "scan order: Bottom field only" . You may also want to let us know which version of PD that you are using.

Using PowerDirector 16, playing MPC-HC 1.9.8.26

https://www.kulmala.com/pd16.png

Using Stoik capture, playing MPC-HC 1.9.8.26
Using Stoik capture, playing MPC-HC 1.9.8.26
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for posting the screenshots. Mediainfo does say Bottom field only. Comparing your two screenshots, do not see that the center left details are any less sharp or have half of the horizontal scan lines missing. They look identical in small detail. There may be nothing wrong with the PD16 capture.

At this time, I would like to point out that there are many versions of PD16. There are the Ultra 32 bit and 64 bit versions, along with the Deluxe, oem, Le, De, and others that may be patched to different revision levels. I have found that the usability of each version is different. The best recourse is to bring this issue to Cyberlink Technical support and let them sort it out to see if you are indeed capturing only one field in your particular PD16 version and if you have to patch it. You may have a head clog on that DV camcorder.

I have attached a screenshot of dv-avi capture from an earlier version of PD. The mediainfo does state Bottom field first.

BTW: PD16 captures dv tapes in dv-avi type 1. Type 2 is more universal.
[Thumb - PD dv-avi.jpg]
 Filename
PD dv-avi.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PD dv-avi capture via firewire.
 Filesize
113 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2021 20:50

KariK [Avatar]
[Post New]
tomasc, Thank you!
I have contacted CL waiting for reply.
So, if it has been bottom first in earlier versions it is unlikely that has changed.
Maybe just field order id is rare or something...
Again, tomasc thank you so much for your time and work on this!