Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shutterstock license-free?
sarahschneiders [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2021 06:05 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello!

When I download Clips or Musik from Shutterstock via Powerdirector, is this stuff then licens-free?
Can I use it for commercial/ CC0?
Do I have to call the source in my projects?

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes
Sarah

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2021 06:33

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello!

When I download Clips or Musik from Shutterstock via Powerdirector, is this stuff then licens-free?
Can I use it for commercial/ CC0?
Do I have to call the source in my projects?

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes
Sarah

Hi Sarah,

The use of Shutterstock media is outlined in the EULA, that is part of using the software. The English version can be found here for version 19:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=25678

The other language versions can be found at this location on your system (assuming C:\ is where PDR is installed) for version 19
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector19\Eula

or for version 16
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector16\Eula

other versions follow the similar appropriate locations.

Hope that helps.
Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Bluebird1927 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 01, 2021 15:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

So, I'm producing a cable-TV ad and want to use Shutterstock music in the ad. The client who I'm producing the ad for is a small company with turnover of <$500k.

Am I OK just to use the Shutterstock music?

I've read the EULA and I'm not sure.

What does this mean? "You shall not use any Shutterstock Content that is Music as a musical theme in connection with any products created and distributed using the SOFTWARE."

Any help much appreciated!

Justin.