Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I install Power2Go Platinum 13
taherte [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2021 23:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded and tested the trial version of Power2Go. Now I have purchased the Platinum 13 version but am unclear about how to install it.

1. Do I uninstall the trial version and all of the pieces it installed?

Desktop Burning Gadget
ISO viewer
Label Print 2.5
Power2Go 13
Wave Editor 2

2. The email I received with the product key said "The download version of Power2Go is comprised of two (2) individual .EXE files. Please install first the Power2Go program file. Once the main program is installed, you can install the additional Content Pack file to get all menus for the program."

However, the email contained links to three EXE files:
1_CyberLink_Power2Go13_Platinum_P2G190705-01.exe
2_Power2Go13_ContentPack_PGM190325-01.exe
2_Power2Go13_ContentPack_Premium_PGM190325-02.exe

Which two (or is it three) do I install, and in which order?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Yes, uninstall Power2Go 13 trial first. It will actually uinstall ISO viewer and the gadget. For the other two, it is ok to leave them installed. When you install 13 Ultra, it will ask you if you want to uninstall them anyway.

You installed 1_CyberLink_Power2Go13_Platinum_P2G190705-01.exe first, and then you can install both content packs. I guess they gave you an extra one, so it's a bonus.

Dave
taherte [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2021 23:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Install went without a hitch thanks to your help. Thanks!
Mr HC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2021 17:05 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Yes, uninstall Power2Go 13 trial first. It will actually uinstall ISO viewer and the gadget. For the other two, it is ok to leave them installed. When you install 13 Ultra, it will ask you if you want to uninstall them anyway.

You installed 1_CyberLink_Power2Go13_Platinum_P2G190705-01.exe first, and then you can install both content packs. I guess they gave you an extra one, so it's a bonus.

Dave

I'm right on the verge of buying P2Go 13 but i need to be sure i can "TURN OFF" menus before burning any disks??
Example = I want to burn an .mp4 movie on a disk to play in a dvd player just by inserting & pushing play button??
I don't want to have to tap on any menu or menus to play the disk??
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, you can do this in Power2Go 13. Just select "No Menu" in menu preferences before burning the disc. See attached photo.

Dave
[Thumb - nomenu.jpg]
 Filename
nomenu.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
201 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
27 time(s)