Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Aspect ratio - 9:16 low quality.
Bobby96 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2020 14:56 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I'm editing some videos for social media.
Stories and things so I need 16:9 aspect ratio

But at the end the quality isn't very good. Even when it's in 4k.
I've tried different size files and different outputs and it's still the same quality.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
We'd need more info to help you. Your title says "9:16" but your post says "16:9." Do you mean veritical (9:16) or horizontal (16:9)? Is your project's aspect ratio set to that value?

What's the resolution of your source videos, and which output profile(s) have your produced to?
Bobby96 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote We'd need more info to help you. Your title says "9:16" but your post says "16:9." Do you mean veritical (9:16) or horizontal (16:9)? Is your project's aspect ratio set to that value?

What's the resolution of your source videos, and which output profile(s) have your produced to?

Yes vertical. My apologies. So 9:16
The original source videos are 2.7k resolution. (2720x1530) at 29.97FPS

And the output I've tried different ones / 720x1280 / 1080x1920/ and 2160x3840

But at the end the quality is very reduced. I managed to get one in decent quality;
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The first two profiles you mentioned will certainly give you lower quality because they are lower resolution than your source clips. What happens if you try the Profile Analyzer on the Produce page? If you get a recommended profile, produce to that.

If you still need help, please share a sample clip and also one of the PD versions you're unhappy with so we can see what's going on.

If the clips are smaller than 100MB, you can use the Attachments button below the forum's text box. If the clips are larger than that, upload them to OneDrive or Google Drive. See this FAQ for more details.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 31. 2021 12:14

Bobby96 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The first two profiles you mentioned will certainly give you lower quality because they are lower resolution than your source clips. What happens if you try the Profile Analyzer on the Produce page? If you get a recommended profile, produce to that.

If you still need help, please share a sample clip and also one of the PD versions you're unhappy with so we can see what's going on.

If the clips are smaller than 100MB, you can use the Attachments button below the forum's text box. If the clips are larger than that, upload them to OneDrive or Google Drive. See this FAQ for more details.

I think I've sorted the issue!
It seems to be when I use the "crop" feature to make it the vertical file.

But when I use the corners on the main screen to drag and make it bigger to fill the screen it works. (If that makes sense!)