Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Minor usability annoyance in mask editor
einmaliger [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2021 04:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Here is a little issue I encountered when using the mask designer. It probably stems from a misunderstanding on my part.

Editing masks in the mask designer, adding keyframes, etc. works great.

Now when I click on the play button to get a preview, all mask editing controls are greyed out and the mask points are not visible anymore. That is fine, but when I now pause the video again, everything is still greyed out, and I cannot edit the masks or select or modify keyframes.

I figured out two ways to be able to resume editing:

1. Press the stop button. However, doing this, the video goes to the beginning and I have lost the place I wanted to edit.

2. Click the full screen button (or press F) and then press the escape key to close the full screen preview. However, this takes a bit of time and is unlikely to be the preferred way to do this.

What am I missing?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 29. 2021 03:57

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You're not missing anything. That's how the tool is designed. See this related post about keyframes.
einmaliger [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2021 04:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you.

Not the answer that I hoped for, but I guess I can work with it. It seems the best option in my case is to go into full screen mode and then exit it immediately to go back to editing mode without having to readjust the time position. Maybe someday CyberLink will add an option to return to edit mode directly. Should not be too hard to implement.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 30. 2021 09:40

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ... Maybe someday CyberLink will add an option to return to edit mode directly. Should not be too hard to implement.

The best way to let them know how you feel is to use Rate Us & Provide Suggestions under PD's File menu.
Shakeyleg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2019 20:56 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I am glad to see this question as I also think it is crazy that it works that way. For me I just usually glance at time where I need to make the edit and then hit stop. I then enter the time and hit enter which takes me right back where I started from and then I can add my keyframes. It's extra keystrokes but until they fix it this is the easiest "workaround" I have found. Thanks for taking the time to ask. In my several years experience here I have found that Optodata really knows his stuff!
Quote Here is a little issue I encountered when using the mask designer. It probably stems from a misunderstanding on my part.

Editing masks in the mask designer, adding keyframes, etc. works great.

Now when I click on the play button to get a preview, all mask editing controls are greyed out and the mask points are not visible anymore. That is fine, but when I now pause the video again, everything is still greyed out, and I cannot edit the masks or select or modify keyframes.

I figured out two ways to be able to resume editing:

1. Press the stop button. However, doing this, the video goes to the beginning and I have lost the place I wanted to edit.

2. Click the full screen button (or press F) and then press the escape key to close the full screen preview. However, this takes a bit of time and is unlikely to be the preferred way to do this.

What am I missing?